PDA

View Full Version : Flu Jab

xJust_Sarahx
29-11-12, 10:28
Hi,
I have reluctantly just had the flu jab, he said i wouldnt only react if i had an allergy to eggs. Anyway i really wasn't keen on getting it but i was pressured into getting it, now i regret it. Has anyone else had it? Does it really make you worse? and cause you breathing problems? I read about it on the nhs site just now and MOST people had only bad things to say about it.. like how it made them worse, get bad chests, develop asthma, have seizures etc.

I thought i was feeling better about stuff, and now this. Im soo upset and at my wits end now with panic and worry. Please can anyone reassure me?
Thanks

Stands mum
29-11-12, 10:38
When did you have the jab? Bottom line is it is a very safe vaccine and unlikely to cause problems like you describe. :)

Starmist
29-11-12, 10:40
Hi there,

I haven't had it personally, but my cousin Matty (5) and my Nan have both had it due to being asthmatics. They both had it done over a week ago and are both absolutely fine!

My Nan had the sniffles for a day, but was gone as soon as she thought 'oh i'm getting ill'!

My partner has just over the flu and seeing him ill (in the typical man flu way) if I could I would rather have the flu jab! :)

Hope i've helped a little bit!

xJust_Sarahx
29-11-12, 10:42
Thanks for your replys. Just had it about half an hour ago, i dont mind if causes a temperature or an achy arm etc and a bit of cold.. it makes sense, but i am worried that i will have things i have never had before, after reading stuff and peoples views. I had it because im pregnant, i really didnt want it, but felt pressured, even though i explained i dont really get colds that much.

Annie0904
29-11-12, 10:45
I have been having the flu jab for years now and have had no problems from it until this year but it was only mild. My arm was very red and swollen where I had the injection for a few days and I was told to put antihistamine cream on it and it was soon fine again. My husband has it every year and he has never had any reactions to it at all. It is very safe and much better than the risk of getting flu.

vindrea
29-11-12, 10:48
ive bene having it for years and never had any problems excet a slightly sore arm xx