PDA

View Full Version : vestibular neuronitis/ labyrinthitis??

zippy
29-11-12, 19:58
I am back in this state again.
I woke up on monday morning with severe vertigo when i tried to get up out of bed and on and off all day if i moved my head in certain positions. It's bad when i lay down at night to go to bed and when i turn over.
Why do i instantly think the worst, right away i thought brain tumour.
My heads awful, pressure in the side and right across my forehead. it feels like my left cheek and around my eye area is odd and paining and my left eye lid is twitching.
I have been to my gp on tuesday and she mentioned benign positional vertigo and been again today and another gp said vestibular neuronitis and to take some tabs for vertigo fo 2 weeks.
I have looked these up and they dont mention headaches or feelings of pressure etc. So now i can feel the anxiety creeping in, no appetite, toilet more and feeling really emotional and irritable.
I do this everytime to myself and i vow not to get in these states again but i always do.
I always think what i have is terminal and it's never going to go and i retract into myself. I cant get out of my head its a tumour becsuse of this awful vertigo and pressure.
Sorry for the rant everyone.

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

Nobody?

Catalyst
29-11-12, 21:35
Not sure what I can say to help, but I understand how you feel. I've been suffering with dizziness for weeks. It was on & off at first, but its been almost constant today. Its so draining. I haven't actually passed out, but it really scares me that I will. I was walking up and down the supermarket earlier looking for my son (!) looking down each aisle, one way and then the other made my head really spin. That never used to happen (and searching for my kids in supermarkets happens quite often!) I have pressure in the back of my head / neck. Have had blood tests, but not got the results. Yet my mind instantly goes to brain tumour too. :lac:

Doctor gave me some meds for the dizziness last week, but I haven't taken them yet. I hate taking new medicines as I always worry about the side effects - one of which I read was dizziness :shrug: Nightmare!

zippy
30-11-12, 08:27
Thanks catalyst.
I don't like taking medication but i had to because the vertigo was so bad.
I also have pressure in the back of my head and my temples. I notice my back and neck are stiff because of which way i am holding my head to try and stop the vertigo.
My anxiety symptoms are back too with worrying it's serious, frequent trips to loo, inner tremor, crying and non stop thoughts of doom that it's terminal. Which you all know having these extra symptoms on top of the vertigo is confirming it in my mind that it must be something sinister.