PDA

View Full Version : Weird balance/surgy movement thing when walking

dread
29-11-12, 18:23
I have had a bit of a relapse, posted a few times on the forum about it this week. Had a couple of PA's which, whilst they weren't the worst, were bad as I hadn't had one in a year or so. That was Thursday, Sunday, Monday nights. Tuesday I went to the GP, and he gave me 10mg propranolol and I took one that night. I haven't taken any since.

Since I started having this blip last Thursday, I feel very off balance. Even when my anxiety is very low, it's still there. When I walk, it's like I am jolting forward, or my legs are spurting out and my movements feel a bit strange. I have reassured myself a lot that it is just the anxiety, but it keeps worrying me as it is not a symptom I have experienced before. I'm scared of taking any more propranolol as I've convinced myself also that it's going to suddenly stop my pulse altogether...stupid I know, since it's only 10mg. Can anyone help me with this? Is it going to pass? What if it doesn't?

sunday
29-11-12, 18:33
hi dread

I have something similar...its like internal vertigo for me -like i'm falling for a few seconds. I also often dont feel 'solid' i would describe it as a 'mr soft' type of feeling, where my legs dont feel like they are mine and i'm walking on sponge. I also have feelings like i'm on a boat or stepping out of a lift?. Together with my horribe depersonalisation i feel very 'uneasy' most of the time :wacko:. These symptoms are so hard to explain and weird that they must be anxiety -thats what i keep telling myself! i've had this for 18 months and i'm sick of it!

dread
29-11-12, 18:48
Thanks for the reply, Sunday.
I'm hoping that with some good brain racking and focus I can shift it, but it is horrible! I was taking a girl shopping with work last night (I work with disabled children) and every time we got out of a lift I felt like I was going to drop to the floor. It's the only way I can describe it really, like a weird dropping sensation. I've only had all of this since Thursday last week -I feel so frustrated because I have never have this before, and I just woke up with it one morning. I know nothing bad is happening to me, because if it was, it would have happened by now!

I have had ear problems in the past so if it doesn't go, and the anxiety does, then I might go get it looked at...

sunday
29-11-12, 18:53
yes, i get the dropping sensation - i dont like going into lifts as i'm not sure if its me or the lift! also if i lean on a chair, for example and it wobbles, i get a flood of dread in my stomach as i cant tell if its the chair or me..even though i have had this for ages, and tell myself its panic, it still scares me. i also feel lightheaded/fainty feelings -all combined its not nice but i try and just get on with things. hope you feel better soon!