PDA

View Full Version : uterine cancer or perimenopause!! doc worried me

liggo
29-11-12, 19:09
Hello hope someone can help put my mind at rest?? I have been having irregular periods on and off for about 12 months, this really kicked in in July when I had 2 in 1 month. I have also had some spotting after sex but not every time (have been diagnosed with cervical erosion in the past). Went to docs in August due to this and having pain in left side and hip. This pain has now gone off but in October I had a period followed by 2 clear days and then brown discharge until my next period. Then this month I have had a period followed by 2 clear days and then another 6/7 days of brown discharge!!!! I have now been clear of any discharge for a week and am waiting for my period to start. Considering I have such HA I really did think that when I went to see Gynae today he would just say I was perimenopausal and it was my hormones but the first thing he said was to have an endometrial tissue sample and when I pushed him he said to rule out cancer. When I asked if it could just be perimenopause (I'm 41) he said I havent any other symptoms ( I forgot to tell him I have had occasional night sweats). I asked if I could have scan instead and he agreed and said if that rules out problem with womb lining then I shouldnt have to have tissue sample. He's doing a hormone blood test too. I am now completely panicced and all I can think about is uterine cancer!!! can anyone help :wacko:

Annie0904
29-11-12, 19:16
Remember he only said "to rule out cancer" They always do that. I had the same thing happen and had scan and hysteroscopy and tissue sample just to rule out anything more serious. In my case it was polyps in my uterus.

liggo
29-11-12, 19:27
Thanks Annie you know how it is you just cling to the negative every time:scared15:. I've seen him in the past and he usually explains and puts my mind at ease but this time he was very blunt and it's scared me.

Annie0904
29-11-12, 19:33
My doctor phoned me at work to tell me there was a 'mass' in my uterus (from the scan) and I would need the hysteroscopy so you can imagine how I panicked!! He said he didn't want to worry me but it was best to be sure! The hysteroscopy just showed the polyps and tissue sample benign. I had the polyps removed.

liggo
29-11-12, 21:03
You poor thing that must have been awful

Annie0904
29-11-12, 21:34
It was quite worrying but at least the outcome was positive. I was so anxious waiting for the other tests though. I hope you can see from this though that they do not take any chances and will test you just to rule out anything serious so please don't be too worried about yours. x