PDA

View Full Version : Having ear ache and anxiety/phobia about doctors

anyexit
29-11-12, 20:49
I am suffering from ear ache and I know hat I may need to have maybe some antibiotics for it. I am worried about seeing a doctor. I suffer from anxiety and I am affraid about going out and have a fear of doctors. I personally dont know what to do. I do not want to leave the ear pain any longer as I am worried that it may develope into something more worse.

I have been doing some googling and I have found out that you can get a telephone consultation with a doctor but I dont know if this is a practical solution for my problem. Would a doctor prescribe antibiotic tablets or even ear drops via a telephone consultation or would they insist that I go into the surgery for a one to one consultation? :weep:

Annie0904
29-11-12, 20:53
I think it will be best if the doctor sees you, he cannot diagnose the problem with your ear without looking in it. If you have anxiety about the waiting room let them know when you make the appointment.

Izzie2494
29-11-12, 21:06
i have an ear ache aswell and i think the best thing is to go to the docs as it could be making your anxiety worse :-(

anyexit
11-05-13, 11:40
This is a very late update but I thought I would place this just incase people are looking for the same problem and a solution.

I would like to say say that this worked for me and me only. I would request anyperson who has ear pain to see a medical practitioner as soo as you can.

I used a product called Earcalm which can be bought over the counter.

I did some research on Doctor google and found out that a lot of divers also suffer with the same problem and symptoms as I has so I thought why not give it a bash and it 'worked for me'

Please any ear pain see a doc it may be more than swimmers ear! (Hypocryte)