PDA

View Full Version : hiv fear

bexy84
29-11-12, 21:55
About 8 months ago i made a silly mistake and slept with a friend from work.....it happened once and we are friends still .... U got testef for stds and was clear but i never git a blood test for hiv....i am scaref incase i have its all i can think about.....the guy had recently split up from his girlfriend who he has a child with ...he is a decent guy but im just so worrief i dont no what to do...i have two boys and i dont want t have it .....i feel guilty too about the hole issue xxx pleade help

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

Anyone is this an easy thing to get?

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

Ive been on google and scared myself !!! Xxxxx

Kez_miller
30-11-12, 06:35
HIVis a very easy disease to contract if you are in the right contact with the wrong people! However should there be any reason? If his ex has no worries and gave birth fine and his kids have no problems then there is no reason for you too worry! What about his previous partners before his ex? I'm sure you wouldn't have HIVA but its impossible for anyone on here or any other forum to know! The only way to put your mind at rest is to go to the clinic and get tested for HIV! But like I said I wouldn't think you'd have anything to worry about!
Good luck and let us know how you get on x

bexy84
30-11-12, 07:30
Thats made me even more scared!! On google it says its a hard virus to catch as it is weak xxx oh no!! The guy hadnt been at any risk of it as far as i am aware xx

Kez_miller
30-11-12, 07:42
Sorry I didn't mean to make u more scared but google is the wrong thing to be doing! U need to remember google is generic and is not for individual cases...think of your fear this way...your fear unlike a lot of people's is easily sorted with one blood test....your putting yourself through hell for no good reason Hun! Honestly the only way you will settle your mind is to have a test for it...I can't tell u...google cant tell u either! A lot of people's problems stem from google sweety! Just think...pop down to your clinic today! Have a test and within 24 - 48 hours all your worries are over! How easy does that sound? Nothing to be embarrassed about either because that's what they r there for! They have more respect for people who go and get tested :)) xxxxx

bexy84
30-11-12, 14:47
Im booked in for a same day test monday..im gonna have it i just no it...how will i tell my husband

justina
30-11-12, 22:00
HIV is not very easy to get. It's not like everyone who sleeps with an infected person gets it!n If the other person has high levels of the virus it is more contagious.
But if you have a partner I think the most correct thing is to get tested, just to stop worrying, and to be 100% sure you don't put your partner at risk.

Kez_miller
30-11-12, 23:02
Okay tell me...what makes u so sure u have it?

bexy84
01-12-12, 08:41
I feel as though it would be my punishment for naking one silly mistake and i am so worrief and cant get it out of my head

peter34uk
01-12-12, 09:24
Ignore the post about it being easy to contract.

Less than 100,000 people in UK have it out of millions. Its your guilt thats doing this.

I went through something similar before i met my now wife, but didnt get tested until last year.

BUT even if you sleep with a HIV infected person and its unprotected sex, the chances are VERY low you will get this. Take my word for it, ive done my research!

Get the test done, feel better and get on with your life. It happened once and to be honest if your happy in your current relationship and your sure u wont do it again, why confess? Just get on with life and forget it. One of those stupid things we all capable off.

You will absolutely brick it, but test is a tiny prick of your finger and in 20mins you will be told the result and you can treat yourself to a hot chocolate!

Kez_miller
01-12-12, 14:12
Ignore the post about it being easy to contract.

Less than 100,000 people in UK have it out of millions. Its your guilt thats doing this.

I went through something similar before i met my now wife, but didnt get tested until last year.

BUT even if you sleep with a HIV infected person and its unprotected sex, the chances are VERY low you will get this. Take my word for it, ive done my research!

Get the test done, feel better and get on with your life. It happened once and to be honest if your happy in your current relationship and your sure u wont do it again, why confess? Just get on with life and forget it. One of those stupid things we all capable off.

You will absolutely brick it, but test is a tiny prick of your finger and in 20mins you will be told the result and you can treat yourself to a hot chocolate!

Massive apologies for the mis information i gave...i was always lead to believe that if u were to have unprotected sex with an infected person then the chances were high....however after a few hours reasearch last night i see that it is a very difficult infection to contract....really sorry for any worry i caused... :doh: