PDA

View Full Version : Can this really be anxiety?

Kez_miller
29-11-12, 21:32
Hi guys! I'm just wondering is what I have really anxiety! I mean I've been suffering with health anxiety for a couple of years but its never really bothered me that much I could quite easily get on with my day to day life without a problem as such! But the start of last week out of the blue mainly in the evenings I started feeling like things were not real! But it wasn't too bad! Coincidentally the start of last week I had a bit of tummy upset! The week leading up to the start of it I started not sleeping till 7-8-9-10am and getting up when It was dark outside! Now I went to the hospital last Thursday about my belly and was told it was constipation but whilst there I had my first panic attack in public ( the rest have been in home) but since last Thursday I've been off my food! Feeling sick but not actually anything coming up! I've felt not like me! I've felt like I'm in a dream! I've slept waaaay too much! And I just can't calm down! I took two citalopram the back end of last week after the panic attack they sent me loopy and scared me so I knocked them on the head and was prescribed Valium! I took a few of them but I still feel no better! Is this really anxiety related! The only thing getting me through is reminding myself that it can't hurt me! But can it!? I mean can anxiety really make u feel this bad! Even things I did literally 5 minutes ago feel like hours ago! I'm forgetting things slightly ie ill pick my phone up to do something and completely forget what I wanted to do! I'm terrified I'm gonna turn into a schizophrenic or something! Can anyone shed any light at the end of a very long and narrow tunnel?

Annie0904
29-11-12, 21:37
It does sound like anxiety to me and it is a frightening feeling but no, it cannot harm you. Feeling sick is the worst symptom for me. Maybe you could ask your doctor for counselling to help you to manage the anxiety symptoms. :hugs::hugs:

Kez_miller
29-11-12, 21:53
He has referred me and I am just waiting for an appointment! I'm currently trying to retrain my subconscious mind by constantly telling myself that none of this is real! That it can't harm me in anyway! And that its perfectly natural to feel this way and that I should accept the way I feel! This only after a week of the disassociation rubbish! I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy! It's horrid but like I say the only way to combat it is retrain your subconscious! If I can do it with out help I think I'd be more proud of myself! And have already told myself WHEN this is over there will be nothing I can't do! Nothing to big or daunting! :))

Annie0904
29-11-12, 22:00
You sound like you are being very positive about which is a good step on your way to recovery :)

bignik
29-11-12, 22:14
your positive line of thinking will help you greatly , being a past sufferer of depersonalisation know only too well how scary this feels and the thoughts that run through your head when back to some form of normality etc ... am I going mad etc. Only having CBT and Mindfulness am I becoming able to combat it , specifically addressing when anxiety starting and relaxtion and breathing techniques , yes they are boring and time sonsuming but would battle through them than off to lala land anyday. derealization and depersonalisaton are simply anxiety in their very high states. Anxiety on a whole stinks big time its a whole new learning curve , try use the natural ways to combat and of course the diazepam for the rough times or when you feel your losing control.