PDA

View Full Version : TELEPHONE MENTORING OVER

pips
09-06-04, 23:14
Hi All,

I have just finished a 6 week Telephone mentoring course through "NO Panic". The lady who helped me was fantastic! I really enjoyed the course and am so grateful to her for giving up her time to listen to me droan on etc..!

I am just feeling anxious now as she reassured me so much during the weeks that now I feel I am alone again! (if that makes sense?) I don't know why but I need so much reassurance with this illness. I feel very insecure!

I just wondered if this was normal so to speak? or if anyone else has experienced anything like this. It feels a bit like a loss. Or am I just over dramatising the situation?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated thank you

Take care all

Love trying to stay positive Pip's XX

andrew
09-06-04, 23:39
hi pips, my feelings wasn't ready too finish talking to my mentor at the time, so i told her and she just said call her on the helpline until i was ready to move on. if you know you need reassurance, then try and find some and also learn to reassure yourself - positive affirmation works!
you take care andrew

sarah
09-06-04, 23:42
Hi There Pips

I felt the same when I was discharged from my CBT just before Xmas.
I felt I had no one to properly encourage me and give me a kick up the backside each week. Because of this, I became lazy and stopped pushing myself to go out and therefore started to go backwards again.(xmas and the miserable weather didnt help tho :)

That was before I started to use this site properly to my advantage, I started posting daft little things like the fact that I walked 5 minutes up the road on my own for a pint of milk for the first time in 18 months. The encouragement i got was brilliant and it made me want to do more just so I could help myself but also to tell everyone just how good I was doing.
SO...anytime you need a boost mate just tell us how you are doing or something you have achieved and we will give you all the support you need :)

We are all here for you Pips

Take care
Love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

sal
10-06-04, 00:22
Hi Pips

Its normal to feel insecure after the support you got throught the telephone mentoring. But you need to remind yourself you are not alone, we are all here for you. You are probably feeling deflated because what has helped you is over now. Suppose like a holiday when you come home you feel down as it is over. But you are doing positive things in your life at moment, gym etc, so you will get through this. Will email you my number and you can return yours and we will have a chat real soon.

Chin up hon and seen as your having a bad time, here is all you PMT back.

My turn with it next week though.

Lots of love and hugs Sal xxxxxxxx

pips
10-06-04, 10:54
Thank you so very much, Andrew, Sarah & Sal for all your kind words. They mean so much and I really appreciate all your support.

Thank you once again!

Take good care

Lots of Love Pip'sXX

april tones
10-06-04, 14:41
hi pips, well done for doing the course, its normal to feel like that. You have us on here to talk to, dont worryu, you will get there. love april xx

apriltones

nomorepanic
10-06-04, 19:26
Pips

I felt like that after completing the No Panic course and after 9 months doing CBT. You feel that there is no-one to puish you onwaards but like Sarah said, we can push you too.

Do they still do the No Panic befriending group. That follows on from the telephone recovery course and it is the same group of people but you support each other instead of having someone from No Panic there. May be an idea?

Nicola

pips
11-06-04, 00:38
Thank you so much Nic & April.

I'm glad it's not just me!

I have looked into it and they do another Telephone recovery group with a leader & about 6 other people I think. So I am going to give that one ago. It's longer as well I think about 14 wks. I feel the other one although good was just a bit to short.(6wks)

Thanks again to you both for replying.

I hope you are well

Love Pip's XX

april tones
11-06-04, 20:29
hi pips, thats fine, thats what we here for, to help each other. Any thing you want to ask please do. love april x

apriltones

pips
13-06-04, 16:56
Cheers April,

Hope you are well. The same goes for me also if ever you want to chat!

Take care

Love Pip's XX

lilac kitten
15-06-04, 14:49
pips,

I can totally sympathise (like everyone else). I go to a therapy session and come out really confident, secure and happy, and then over the weeks kind of slide back a bit until my next appointment.

Its the being comforted and reassured that there is nothing to be afraid of and trying to look on the positive side rather than negative. Build on your strengths. Make lists, write things down - feelings, fears, etc.

The support on this site is great, and many a time I've heeded the kind words which have got me through certain situations.

Even if you post here daily for reassurance and support and of course a kick up the backside - no one will mind.

So you get your positive thinking head on, smile and feel reassured - even if its just for five minutes!!

chin up, we're here to help.
Ruth
X

pips
16-06-04, 20:47
Thank you so much Ruth for your kind words, they mean alot!

I am taking your advice with the positive head LOL!

I hope you are well

Take care

Love Pip'sXX

sal
16-06-04, 20:56
Hi Pips

How are you at the moment. Never feel alone as we are all here for you. You keep up the PMT and you will be fine. I hope you feel you have benefitted from the telephone mentoring, so many people say it really helps. Anyhow just a quick note, will speak to you soon. You take care.

Lots of love Sal xxxxxx

pips
17-06-04, 12:14
Thanks Sal Mate, That means alot the same goes for you to!

I hope all is well with you hon,

Take good care

Love PMT Pip's XX