PDA

View Full Version : mirtazapine started please help

traciec39
21-08-06, 13:56
on friday i started 15mg of mirtazapine, im ok but so tired and sluggish.
I am concerned about gaining weight too, but i must say that already i feel much calmer than i did on prozac.

Has anyone took these without gaining weight, and will this tiredness ever stop?
please help

thanks luv tracie x

I CAN, I WILL , I AM

chop
22-08-06, 03:41
Weird but true,
The lower the dose, the more tired you will be and sluggish.
I was and now I am on 60mg per night and no effect at all. I also researched and read about it and they said 15mg make you sleepier than 30 say.

Hope that helps.
Paul

Learning to under react

Hangtough
26-08-06, 22:00
Hiya

I was on it for 3 days but I couldn't handle the side effects, the main one being I couldn't stop eating and never felt full. My guess is that if you haven't had that experience by now and you're feeling calmer on them, then they're doing the job for you and you're unlikely to put weight on. Fingers crossed for you.

Hangtough

chop
27-08-06, 10:38
MAN................... (or mam :)
It put me to sleep to start with but after a week (taking it at bedtime), the sedative effect stopped and i wasn;t drained. It gets better! (for me anyway)

Also was one of the few that lifted depression and helped anxiety.

I will say soemthing, the lower the dose, the more sedating it is with this drug... I am on 60mg at night and I can be wide awake no probs... 25mg put me to sleepy modeish.

Paul

Learning to under react

fran43
27-08-06, 16:03
I started on 15mg at night and my doc put it up to 45mg five days ago. I know it says in the literature that a possible increase in appetite and weight gain might happen.

To be honest. I cant say whether it has caused this but as depression can cause lack of appetite and the tablets do have an effect on increasing appetite, than I guess weight gain is inevitable.

I already felt sluggish before starting them and they certainly have not made this worse (or better yet unfortunately). Ho hum.

Fran X

ruthb1
27-08-06, 19:14
hi,

i was on 15mg for 2 years and i did gain weight but nothing more than i need to, as i had lost an awful lot of weight die to my anxiety and i think that the doctor was getting concerned with amount that i had lost. i did feel sluggish in the morning but i did get used to it and i have now been of them for 2 months and feel ok. this was the only anti d that helped me and i was on 3 before that so its worth giving it a try and give it a couple of weeks at least as you will feel worse before you feel any better if that makes any sense

take care

ruth