PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Dazzlar13
30-11-12, 16:03
Just thought I would pop in and say hi!
I am a 27 year old man from Manchester.
I was diagnosed with GAD with the main symptom being Insomnia which causes me to be anxious about sleep :doh: Start panicking that I will lose my job, become a bum etc. currently though i am sleeping great I'm Mirtazapine but I would like to get off it at some point. When I will have the balls to do this is another question.:blush:
It has taken me a long time to come to terms with and admit to myself I have an Anxiety disorder as it doesn't seem to fit with my personality :lac:
I have tried and failed CBT once due to me having to big an ego to be honest about things:blush:
Has anybody here suffered from something similar regarding the insomnia? I would love one day to sleep without medications or drugs and alcohol as its holding me back big time in life.
Hope you are all well and thanks for reading :)

oh no_1
30-11-12, 16:05
hi and welcome....
i just recently had nearly 2 months sleep with only an hr a night..... and since monday all i done is sleep now through exhaustion.

u r doing so well..... and no need to rush anything.

Dazzlar13
30-11-12, 16:08
hi and welcome....
i just recently had nearly 2 months sleep with only an hr a night..... and since monday all i done is sleep now through exhaustion.

u r doing so well..... and no need to rush anything.

Thank you for the reply :yesyes:
It feels good to get that off my chest?
1 hour a night? I feel for you I really do :scared15:
I hope your situation improves

nomorepanic
30-11-12, 16:13
Hi daz l1212

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

smit
30-11-12, 16:15
Welcome :)
When my GAD was unbearable I often stayed up all night becuase I was afraid of sleep. I found breathing excersises/ repeating comfort phrases helped me, as well as having a good routine. Now I sleep much better :)

Dazzlar13
30-11-12, 16:19
Hi daz l1212

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Welcome :)
When my GAD was unbearable I often stayed up all night becuase I was afraid of sleep. I found breathing excersises/ repeating comfort phrases helped me, as well as having a good routine. Now I sleep much better :)

Thank you both for the replies and advice.
I have tried the breathing exercises and the like and my mind just seems to drown them out with "you cant sleep" thoughts. Maybe I need to give them more time