PDA

View Full Version : Depression/Anxiety/PA's

fran43
21-08-06, 14:31
Do all three things go together? I have had more than I can take of panic attacks and these seem to create extra anxiety and then deep depression.

I am fed up of not being able to concentrate. forgetting where I have put things and feel incompetent.

I have an 18yr old who thinks money grows on trees and is now 22wks pregnant and a 10 yr old son.

I did completely crack yesterday and got my car keys. I have had enough. Luckily my husband grapped them off me. Tried to get an appointment with my GP but he is not back until Wed. He gave me a new antidepressent which is failing to work. I am also recoverying from anorexia and tranquilliser addiction.

I cant live like this much longer. It is having a major impact on my husband and youngest child.

Fran

polly daydream
21-08-06, 15:03
Hi Fran, yes I think they do all go together, If I have lots of panick attacks I feel very low and extremely anxious, my short term memory is also effected. What antidepressents are you on and how long have you been on them?
Please hang on in there, we are all here to help you through your bad time as much as we can.

Take care,

Polly x PM me if you need to talk.

fran43
21-08-06, 17:04
Hi Polly

I was originally on Citolopram (something like that). I am now on Mirtazaprine 20mg at night and am in to my third week.

I have been an exhaustive USA trip/theme parks and realised that I haven't taken them properly and have about five extra. I did not know how to handle jet lag and adding/subtracting hours so my tablets got forget for a good few days.

I hate panicking at the smallest things I found easy up until Dec. (my Dad died which has triggered a lot of things).

I hope to keep in touch.

Take care.

Fran X

polly daydream
21-08-06, 17:43
Hi, I think you need to give the tabs a bit longer to work, now you are home you really do need to get back on track with them and keep doing so. It can take up to two months before meds start to work properly, you must be patient and give them a chance. Sorry to hear about your Dad, that must have been awfull for you all.

Take care,

Polly x