PDA

View Full Version : Rant Alert. Any Ideas What I suffer From Game

xtremx
30-11-12, 18:05
Sorry I say a Game, Because that is how it feels to me passed from one person to another over and over again.
Hi, the question is what do I suffer from and who will be able to help me? No one can seem to make their minds up.

Agoraphobia, Panic attacks, Health Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and something I would never have thought of adding OCD.

All of the above have been said to me when I meet with the Head Psychiatrist the other day.
I was going to have some CBT but the local people who do it said my case was too COMPLEX for them to handle so they referred me to the Mental Health Team (so I seen the head Psychiatrist).
He says his team would be no use to me so he is referring me back again to the group that does CBT.
He also wants me to stop my meds Pregabalin and move onto Gabapentin and also mix in an Antidepressant and also Diazepam and have some CBT.
So far I have been told I suffer from a Complex Anxiety Disorder.
This would have been the 3rd time in a year I have been under the local MHT and seen 2 Psychiatrist both have said different stuff.
What next any ideas.

Sorry for the rant:winks:

owls
01-12-12, 11:45
It sounds to me like you've had one hell of a year. Is the psychiatrist suggesting you stop taking your medications cold turkey? That wouldn't be so good on your body.

My therapist has said that I have anxiety because it became a cycle. I started having anxiety and even though I no longer have many things to worry about, my brain is in overdrive and the anxiety became a routine. I went to a neurologist once, it was a quick 5 minute appointment and he dismissed me. I was so upset. So perhaps what you may be associating with is the cycle of anxiety? My anxiety has became so awful that I have developed health anxieties and like you, GAD. I hope the CBT has some improvement, I have never had that kind of therapy but i'm interested in trying anything that would work!