PDA

View Full Version : Going to ask dr about mirtazapine

Jem27
21-08-06, 14:41
Anyone been on it for anxiety & depression? think im suffering abit of both right now.

Don't want the prozac at all, really don't like the sound of it.

Jem

chop
22-08-06, 03:39
I am on it for anxiety and depression.
Still depressed but I am alive so far.

I hope that helps a bit.

Paul

Learning to under react

Silly Blonde
22-08-06, 14:44
I have been on mirtazapine for 18 months - for mainly anxiety (health not panic attack type of anxiety).

My doc has suggested me going on to Sertraline instead, but I felt so sick when I cut out the mirtazapine, I couldn't face all the nasty side effects of the new meds, so I went back to my old faithful mirtazapine!!!

Its been said on here previously, but it is one of the "cleaner" drugs. Everyone is different, but it really helped my anxiety nausea at the beginning. The only problem is the weight gain, but I needed it at the time 'cos I had lost so much weight through feeling sick all the time and not eating.

As I said - everyone is different and so try not to pin all your hopes on one type of pill - your doc should know what to do for the best.

They all have a little MIMS book - which lists all side effects, uses, contraindications etc. So let your doc decide.

Take care

SB xx

Jem27
22-08-06, 19:58
Thanks SB,

He didn't prescribe it unfortunatly:-(

Did you gain alot of weight? I am desperate to gain as ive lost alot with my anxiety. Do you gain weight because your apetite increases?