PDA

View Full Version : Coughing up phlegm with blood

Emma86
30-11-12, 22:10
heya, Ive had a nasty cough for a week or so now and just cannot get seen at the doctors. Tonight I have been coughing up loads of phlegm that has has blood in it. Quite worried now! Im going to see out of hours doctors tomorrow. Anyone had this before?

Serenitie
30-11-12, 22:21
Yes. I have had this on and off for a month. I have a chest infection. See your GP for confirmation.

missybct
01-12-12, 15:53
I have had it several times when I have had a particularly nasty cough - I think it's something about the irritation of the larynx when you're coughing. Try not to worry too much and wait for your appointment - let us know how you get on.

Emma86
01-12-12, 21:44
Well I havent coughed up anymore blood! That really made me anxious. Out of hours doctors said it doesnt sound urgent and I can wait to see my GP Monday, probably a chest infection :( I have to sleep sitting up :( fed up of this now, had it for nearly 2 weeks and GP's are always so busy this time of year havent been able to get an appt!

PinkRoxy
04-12-12, 21:10
I hope you get it sorted aye. it probably is an infection. I had somethng similar but it was my bladder I had blood in my urine and when I wiped there was blood on the toilet paper. This freaked me out but it turned out I had an infection down there.

Take care.

dann
06-12-12, 09:25
I had this once, you've probably irritated the back of your throat so much, but some Strefans if your in pain abit.

I had a chest X-ray was all fine. I then found out my blood was coming from my growing wisdom tooth!