PDA

View Full Version : Arm pains and lumps

Wanderlust
01-12-12, 11:38
The last few days I have been struggling, I am quite thin, always have been, and with that comes quite prominent protruding veins, mostly in my arms. A few days back I noticed three lumps on my bicep vein on the left arm, which show up when the arm is tense, but go away when it is rested and supported. At first this worried me and I spent the day freaking out, then as I started to come to terms with it (after much self diagnosis) and reading up about venous valves, I tehn started to get shooting pains along the vein and in the bend of the arm at the elbow, as well as around the back in the tricep. As I don't have the same lumps on the other arm I have not been able to rationalise it and the introduction of the pains (short and infrequent) had really put me in edge.

I feel horribly selfish because my girlfriend is pregnant and I am trying so very hard to not let this affect me so that I can support her but it is getting me down.
She is worried to because she tells me how much weight I seem to have lost and how pale I am, I try to make her understand that my concerns are my arm and heart but she, understandably, doesn't really understand.

Anyway, I will be home from holiday in two days and will make a dr's appointment, but for now if anyone has any ideas, suggestions or tips, they would be greatly appreciated.
I'm fighting but don't really feel like I'm winning, each day is getting harder :(
Sorry for moaning.

Kind regards

Chris