PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

Alston
21-08-06, 16:29
Hello,
I just wanted to introduce myself,,,,not much to say except,,,anxiety /panic is a freaking nightmare and I live it daily. I hope that made sense,,,,I've just been dealing with it for so long and have taken just about all the meds that there are,,and still,,it won't go away. Going to sleep at night is always panicy for me,,,,I have this fear that if I go to sleep I won't wake up...I think you know what I mean. I fear death,,I fear life,,,its crazy but its true. I do see a therapist and it does help,,,but its like a temporary fix. A few days after talking with my therapist,,its all back,,,but I won't give up. I would give anything to have my old life back,,,even though I think I've had this all my life,,but not this bad. Its to the point now to where I am on disability because of it. I hope to talk to some of you soon. I've noticed that by talking with others that understand,,it helps more than anything. Thanks for reading.
Alston

lainey
21-08-06, 16:51
Hi Alston

Welcome to the forum

Elaine x

manmoor
21-08-06, 16:52
Hi Alston,

A big warm welcome to you. We are all here to help each other so we dont feel alone.

Take Care

Mandyxx

polly daydream
21-08-06, 17:30
Hi Alston and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

nicjay
21-08-06, 18:59
Hi Alston

Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of useful information and friendly people here.

Nicola
xxx

den64
21-08-06, 19:12
hi alston
welcome to the site, you will get to meet many people with the same or similar problems on here and it does help to talk to people who know what your on about and how you feel

take care

denise :D

IanB
21-08-06, 21:48
Hi Alston

Welcome to the forum

Ian

"today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday and all is well"

tnt808
22-08-06, 00:05
Hi Alston,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find great comfort in this site as many of us have.

Tina

clickaway
22-08-06, 02:34
Welcome aboard, Alston.

I go to therapy too and it should not be a temporary fix, but it probably feels like it.

Your therapist is your friend and safe person so you will get temporary relief, but he should also be working towards a long term solution, and I'm sure he is. Ask him.

Take care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

giddy
22-08-06, 07:19
Welcome to the forum Alston
love Helen

Mims
22-08-06, 15:51
Welcome to the forum,

I have been a member for just over a week and this has been a great help to me. it a great place to share you concerns and to feel that you are not alone.

Mims

Lindalou64
22-08-06, 16:28
Hi Alston,
Welocme you will find lots of support here as we all suffer with this one way or another...wish you the best if ya ever need to chat pm me ok........Linda [8D]

Alston
25-08-06, 16:57
Thanks for all the warm welcomes,,,they mean alot to me. I hope to get to know all of you better,,you seem to be a group of greatly concerned people,,,and thats what I need. Thanks again.
Alston

trac67
26-08-06, 12:22
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

fisher
26-08-06, 21:59
hi alston my names joanne its nice to here from you, i am scared of dying to, and i suffer from anxiety, i dont take medication but it is hard battling with it every day, take care hope to speak to you soon x

Ness
27-08-06, 15:26
Hey Alston!

:D

Welcome to the forum. Good on you for never giving up. Its a battle, but you'll get to the end of it, and hopefully we can make it a little less of a challenge.

Love Ness xoxoxoxo