PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had Clinical Hypnotherapy, EFT or EMDR?

expecto patronum
21-08-06, 16:58
i'm going to be seeing a therapist next month who combines CBT, hynotherapy, clinical hypnotherapy, EFT and EMDR to try and treat my symptom of constant dizziness/off balance feeling which is driving me mad. she seems really confident that she can make me better (but in my experience all therapists think that they can cure you!), i really want to be able to believe that it will work or at least make a noticable difference to how i feel, but i don't want to get my hopes up and then it not work.
Please anyone who has had a real difference made to their symptoms by any of these therapies, can you reassure me?:D

bb01234
08-01-07, 04:23
Rossie, how did you get on?

I wouldn't be too worried if the therapist has a string of initials and skills, sometimes different approaches suit different issues and as we progress we sometimes realise that we need knew understandings.

Basically: Did It Work?

Regards

Brian

PandaPie
09-01-07, 15:19
My mum is a psychotherapist practising EMDR, she says she has had great results with it (encouraging me to do it, basically!) It works best to get over a shocking event or trauma, apparently.

Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has tried it.

bb01234
09-01-07, 19:22
EMDR is really good for dealing with recent traumas - such as bombings, disasters etc.

It's good because the cash-strapped NHS can get results quickly, and that is NOT said in any negative way whatsoever.

I believe it's less effective where the underlying event, the trauma etc, is not known of by the patient.

Then other approaches may be required to let the unconscious mind wind back to then.

Regards

brian