PDA

View Full Version : Rebound depression :(

Emphyrio
01-12-12, 22:12
I stopped taking fluoxetine (5mg) around 3 weeks ago. Generally I've been doing well off it, no weird withdrawal symtoms, no brain zaps etc (because of its long half life I guess) and my intrusive thoughts are quite manageable (most of the time they come is when I've done avoidable things like had caffeine/too little sleep/too much alcohol the night before).

However, I'm experiencing a bit of what I suspect is 'rebound depression' - feel a bit down, even had a bit of a cry the other day when watching a sad film (was in front of a friend too - which doesn't usually happen!). I really don't want to go back on any kind of meds because of the bad side effects I've had with ones I've taken recently - even at low doses.

I'm currently taking 400mg magnesium glycinate a day + b-vitamin complex + either oily fish or fish oil capsules and trying to exercise, so I'm hoping that this stage passes and things start looking up...Anyone experience any kind of rebound depression/anxiety after quitting meds, and how long did it take for it to go away?

Emphyrio
03-12-12, 17:17
Anyone experienced anything similar?