PDA

View Full Version : Hello

lmp
02-12-12, 12:47
Hi. I'm Lisa and I'm new here. I'm finding a lot of comfort reading the symptom article tonight! Thanks for providing this site. Hoping to get lots of info and support.

:)

Lisa

ricardo
02-12-12, 12:51
Hi Imp

Good idea reading the symptoms article, I find it reassuring.

You are amongst friends here and there is nearly always someone on line.

Why don't you do a short piece about yourself on The introduction Thread.

lmp
02-12-12, 12:56
Hi Ricardo. Thanks for the reply. I'm still working out where everything is, but will do, good idea.

nomorepanic
02-12-12, 12:57
Hi lmp

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Serenitie
02-12-12, 22:09
:welcome: you will receive lots of support on here.

lmp
03-12-12, 11:05
Thanks for the welcome. I'm 36 and my doctor says I have panic disorder on the back of some PTSD. It's hard to explain, but basically I've been through a heap of constant stress for the last five years, it's been one small or sometimes large duster after the other. It all kind of came to a head this July, and it was when everything stopped for a couple of weeks that the panic attacks started.

It's really hard because I'm a single parent of a five year old and it is really hard to look after him when I'm having an attack. Also, he's part of my antic and I really get very stressed that there is something wrong with him as we'll as myself. I get up and check him all the time, just to check he's still breathing. It just makes me worse, but on my own I can't help it.

I have good support from my family, and reasonable support from friends, but I don't think they understand the difference between what this is and what they think anxiety is.

Anyway, I'm not sure where to start and I should probably try and get some sleep.

Thanks again for the forum and info,

Lisa