PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Rookie Here!

JsMom
10-06-04, 05:27
Hello all! :) My name is Jenelle and I live in California. I have suffered with panic and anxiety for most of my life. It really became progressed about 10 years ago and I have been struggling with it every since. I think it will be a life long battle, but one I hope to overcome!

I am 37 years old and my DH and I have a 3 year old son, Justin. I worked in the healthcare industry for 17 years until my sister's husband suddenly passed away and then I moved up to help her with the family business. Hubby got a transfer (works for UPS) and we are one big happy family. I live in a little country town and it is quite different from the big city life, but I have to admit that it is much less stressful.

So, that's about it for me! I look forward getting to know everyone! :)

Jenelle

grace
10-06-04, 09:17
hi jenelle
welcome from another newbie
i have only been on here a couple of days myself, but i think its great, these people on here are lovely. im sure you will get the support you need

xxx grace

Meg
10-06-04, 15:13
Hi Jenelle,

Welcome to the site. I hope you find suport and soe encouragement here. There is loads of info and help within the website.

How limited are you at present and what help have you had over the years ?

Has moving to a smaler place helped at all ?

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

JsMom
10-06-04, 15:41
I feel pretty limited in my life. I have anxiety with me all day long, but it is definitely at it's peak in the morning. I am able to go out and function, but I have to psych myself into it. It is weird..I feel like there are two people living inside me. One I call, "The Boo Voice" and this is the voice that constantly says , "What if... or remember what happened..." It is like a battle with this other side of me that says all these negative things. I need to figure out how to combat it.

Does any of that make sense or do I sound like a total fruit loop?

Meg
10-06-04, 15:56
Very common

Check out posts under anxiety - 'keeping your thoughts in perspectives' a couple of pages back and another ' ' different sorts of anxiety ' which is more recent .

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

seh1980
10-06-04, 16:42
Hi Jenelle,

Welcome to the site! I'm sure you'll find everyone here very friendly and helpful. I know I have.
Keep posting and let us know how things are going.
Take care.

Sarah (seh1980)

april tones
10-06-04, 16:47
hi jenelle, welcome. I have replied to one of your other posts too, love april x

apriltones

nomorepanic
10-06-04, 19:13
Hi Jenelle

Welcome to the site. Glad to see that you are posting already and you will get loads of advice and support here.

Have you had any counselling of any sort or any medication?

Nicola