PDA

View Full Version : A note of hope for you all

cos123
02-12-12, 16:24
Hi all: I'm doing pretty darn good for the last few weeks. When I was posting alot back in Sept. and Oct. I was on pretty shakey ground. I remember reading something that someone said about when we start feeling better we stop going on the forum, which is only natural. But some people get scared when someone suddenly drops off the forum. Well I just wanted to say the meds finally started working around the 5th week for me, and I have for the first time in so many years it scares me to think about it, felt joy at times. I was so depressed for so long I did''t even know it anymore, I thought that was just who I am now.

I still have a lot of challenges physically and sometimes mentally, but i'm hear to say, don't fear the meds they really can help despite the side effects at the beginning. I fought taking them for so long, thinking i could do this thing myself and if I coudn't I was less than worthy or some nonsense. So ridiculous.

I just wanted to check in all you guys that got me through those weeks and they were bad beyond belief. Appreciate every positive second you have in your life and they add up.

Love to you all
:yesyes:cos123

Emma86
02-12-12, 17:02
Its good to hear your doing well and thanks for the positive post.
I would just like to say though that meds dont work for everyone and they are not for everyone. I got to the point where I was told to go on meds (citalopram) and the side effects were horrendous and it was not worth it so I stopped taking them and have started CBT again and I'm doing great.
I find it more healthy to get through things without medication but everyone is different.

BobbyDog
02-12-12, 19:23
Well done, long may it continue.:yesyes:

Tessar
03-12-12, 12:47
it's so good to hear how well you are doing. what a huge relief for you. Also taking the time to share a nice positive post is much appreciated

missybct
03-12-12, 15:06
That's lovely to hear. I wasn't around when you were posting but I am glad you are finding the storm a bit calmer. Long may it continue.