PDA

View Full Version : Feeling so ill, can't stop shaking

Annie0904
02-12-12, 20:29
I decided to get a new kitten but we have had a 5 hour round trip to get him and I started to feel sick on the way home. As soon as I got home I had to run to the loo (very loose) I can't stop shaking. My cat is terrified of the kitten so now I am getting anxious about that. This is the worst I have felt for a few weeks and feel like I am going to have a panic attack, crying now...I hate this feeling so much :weep:

starlight78
02-12-12, 20:38
Oh Annie, sending you hugs. You are probably exhausted! I remember when I got a new dog, I started getting anxious about it almost straight away and everything felt overwhelming. I think worriers like us will always get anxious about change.
The cats will be totally fine. Try and keep them in separate rooms overnight and they will get used to each others scents.
This is a blip! You are fine! Have a good old cry and then come back fighting.
X x

Thumbelina
02-12-12, 20:40
Hi Annie,
Its just my classic scenario. Running to the loo loo that way.
I am still having trips to toilet all the time even after the bog attacks.
Anxiety tells you to get lighter ans to prepare for flight pr fight response.
Dont worry

Annie0904
02-12-12, 20:53
Thank you Starlight, You are right I am exhausted, we shouldn't have traveled so far to get him, it was too much for me...I just feel so ill and nauseous. We missed tea and I always feel worse when I don't eat and now I can't eat.

---------- Post added at 20:53 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

I hate feeling this bad I may have to take a diazepam tonight

almamatters
02-12-12, 20:54
Hi Annie, sick and nausea is my worst anxiety symptom, hope you are feeling better quickly, have a nice cuppa, sending you hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Annie0904
02-12-12, 20:55
Thank you, I will get hubby to make me some chamomile tea

almamatters
02-12-12, 20:55
yes good idea xxx

Annie0904
02-12-12, 22:09
I just wish I could stop crying and shaking...I hate this so much

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

I have taken a diazepam so hope it starts working soon

dread
02-12-12, 23:56
Hi Annie...I'm sure your anxiety will calm down, as anxiety always does...but I understand how the kitten situation can be stressful. I got two kittens a fortnight ago and I feel so gguilty as sometimes they stress me out and I can't bear to be in the same room! But i know it will be better once I am accustomed to them, and that all of these feelings are just the anxiety.

We all have our blips and bad moments, but just think positive and how awesome it will be having a new little fluff ball :)

panickyme
03-12-12, 01:40
Annie I hope you are all done shaking, and tucked in your bed sound asleep. Hopefully your day will be better tomm. the kitty's should get used to one another. What did you name him/her? Debbi:)

dottielottie
03-12-12, 02:00
Annie hope your feeling better love.:hugs:

Annie0904
03-12-12, 07:38
I have woke up feeling so anxious and crying and shaking again. I should be happy about having a new kitten (His name is Ryuu). We have snow this morning and my husband has a long journey south and my daughter a long journey North. I feel so nauseous I really want this to go away.

Thumbelina
03-12-12, 07:57
Hi Annie,
Sorry that you have such a bout of anx with the whole kitten situation.
I wrote before that 2 weeks last thursday i had my first attck in 1,5 y. And it happened at dentist. My kids were outside the clinic playing and i was in the chair upstairs grasping for air. It was totally unprovoked and i am was not scared of dentists ever, only of local anastesia, which i didnt even have that day.
I was in a roght state when doctor finished and came out like a zombie to see that my kids picked up really weak kitten on the street and were begging me to take him home. By this point i couldnt even tell you my name, i was in a right state of shock. I told them just to get in the car wih the kitten and drove off.
When we got home i was even more spaced out because i couldnt believe it happened under those circumstances. Upset, like frozen, with massive derealisation and etc i still realosed that we needed to take thr kitten to the ve for the sake of our house cat. We went there only to be told to come afer 2 days.
Kitten was very sick and weak, i continued having floating anxiety waves and like attacks and kitten died at 2 am the morning we were supposed to take hom to the vet. I was not sleepong already for 2 daya by then, being in a terrible anx state. My kids were asleep and i watched it pass away and had to clean everything after and put him innthe box and etc... It was unbelievable - i couldnt even understand why, why now - when i cant even understand what happened at dentist. I was so upset, exausted, anxious, and it was my sons birthday when we had to go and make a funeral.
I am not sure that it is helping you Annie, but the reason i am telling you rhis is because i know how much vulnerable we are whwn we are on anxiety patch. Everything is magnified, emptions are disproportional... I still cannot belive it happened. It was so unfair, unnecessary, untimely, and yet, its life - we have to accept it.

Annie0904
03-12-12, 08:02
Thumbalina I read your other post and I am sorry you are not feeling much better today either. I guess I shouldn't have got the new kitten when I am already not well. I thought he would cheer me up and was so excited about getting him. I don't even know if he is really the reason I am feeling worse.

Tessar
03-12-12, 09:58
hey Annie, i'm really sorry you are feeling so bad. we just got our new cat after a gap of a year since our beloved elderly cat died suddenly. i didnt know if i was ready to repalce her but after such a long wait, we did. first day we had her it made me cry becasue i was so reminded of our cat that died. i like the new one lots & know it'll take time to bond. i was really stressed over all of it (that was a week ago). i dont have the ongoing anxiety stuff you do - so i am certain that all the excitement, the journey etc have transpired against you.
you've got tomba now, so perhaps it's time to allow the stress of yesterday to gradually fade away. easier said than done i know... but perhaps think of what is here today (try to forget about the snow....that's just another added complication & typically bad timing of course). what colour is he by the way? how old? is he playful? playing with them is brilliant fun & if you find yourself distracted &Laughing hopefully this will ease your anxiousness.
i dont know, what are we all like eh? we get something nice but it stresses us. i worry about our new cat since our old one died suddenly, but ultimately me worrying isnt going to make something happen to her. i just have to trust in life & enjoy what we've got. she's very beautiful, so much so that on the first day i cried because she was soooooooo perfect. or should i say puuuurfect.
anyway, here's to a more relaxing day for you..... think of all that wonderful advice you are always giving everyone else, i think its time to listed to your words & apply them to yourself!!!! let me know about tomba, i am excited for you. oh & your other cat will get used to him but i suppose it may take time. you could offer your existing cat some therapy eh?? Sorry to jest but i'm just trying to lighten the mood for you.... and i hope you are feline better soon......

Annie0904
03-12-12, 10:07
Thank you Tessar. i have just cried all morning. Ryuu is a Siamese seal point and is gorgeous but I really can't cope. My daughter is coming to take him. I feel so useless. I thought he would help me but it has just made my anxiety worse. I feel so sick and panicky. My husband will be away all week too.

Elle-Kay
03-12-12, 10:28
You should let your daughter take the kitten if you need to Annie, but I think you know (or will come to know) that it isn't him causing this anxious spike. Remember back to your CBT4Panic? Anxiety & panic aren't caused by things, they're caused by negative learned behaviours which we attach to things by allowing ourselves to fear them. I think (and it is only my opinion) that you pushed yourself too hard yesterday, and you're feeling the after-effects of that, with some anxiety about a change in your home/routine (the kitten) thrown in. Be kind to yourself emotionally today, and try not to worry about the snow - we don't have any snow here in Lincs, so if your husband is travelling any further south than here he should in fact be driving away from it.

Annie0904
03-12-12, 10:41
Thanks Elle-Kay, I am just so exhausted at the moment. My daughter is taking him for now. The snow is already starting to melt here.

Tessar
03-12-12, 11:40
You should let your daughter take the kitten if you need to Annie, but I think you know (or will come to know) that it isn't him causing this anxious spike. Remember back to your CBT4Panic? Anxiety & panic aren't caused by things, they're caused by negative learned behaviours which we attach to things by allowing ourselves to fear them. I think (and it is only my opinion) that you pushed yourself too hard yesterday, and you're feeling the after-effects of that, with some anxiety about a change in your home/routine (the kitten) thrown in. Be kind to yourself emotionally todayt.

Annie, I thought the same thing here.... Elle-Kay is right that other stuff is prob making you anxious.... its never easy when people we rely on are away. it was always when my partner was away that i felt at my worst. he sounds cute, tomba. have u tried playing with him coz its a brilliant distraction....

Annie0904
03-12-12, 11:48
The kitten is in bed with me at the moment. My daughter will take him to give me time to pick myself up a bit. I am so exhausted, my legs are like jelly.

Col
03-12-12, 12:08
Hi Annie, get a movie and a nice brew a cosy basket and rest! Do you like crochet or knitting! I love crochet, I know people think I'm a bit ' old fashioned ' but it really helps! Crotchets great a quick way to produce something lovely! That always perks me up! Little flowers or something for Christmas? Maybe ? Destraction and rest , key. By the way - is your kitten a boy or girl? Tombas a great name - what does it mean? I love little kittens , we've got dwarf hamsters at the minute & they've stressed me out, they fight , its like having another 2 kids.
I'm sure you'll feel better soon, you perhaps did push yourself, way too much. Takecare.

:flowers:

Annie0904
03-12-12, 12:20
My kitten is a boy but we are thinking about renaming him. My daughter in law is Italian ans she said Tomba in Italian means grave and doesn't like the name. My daughter has been to take him to give me a few days to rest. It hasn't helped by work contacting me this morning. Occupational Health said if they want to seem they have to come to me. They said I have to go with them and said anytime on Friday so I arranged with the union rep to go with me at 1.30 on Friday. Now work have said I have to go at 9.15! I am going to ask my Union to sort it for me, I am just too ill at the moment.

Col
03-12-12, 12:26
Ohh work, what is wrong with employers , it's not like your , not willing to discuss things.
That will add to the stress, seriously get the union to sort it and between then and now, focus on yourself , completely.X

almamatters
03-12-12, 12:28
I agree with Col Annie, concentrate on yourself, you are the most important thing. Hope you are feeling better soon . :bighug1: :bighug1:

Annie0904
03-12-12, 13:27
Thank you Col and alma, I think I may take a diazepam and try to get some sleep. Really can't cope with feeling like this and on my own now until Thursday night.

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

There is no way I can sleep or eat, have tried both and just getting more and more anxious. My head is aching with crying so much.

Elle-Kay
03-12-12, 13:29
Oh Annie I'm so cross with your work I can hardly type! They really are behaving appallingly, especially after your husband told them that all contact must go through him. Contacting you directly this morning basically amounts to harrassment in light of that! I hope that your union rep doesn't pull any punches with them!

You must try to eat something, or you will feel worse I guarantee. It takes a lot of energy to be so anxious, and not replenishing your energy tanks will make you tired, and so more anxious. Do you have some cup-a-soups or anything in? Or perhaps try a bowl of plain pasta/pasta with pesto? Pasta is full of carbs, so a good energy food.

Candy6
03-12-12, 13:30
Sorry you're feeling so ill Annie. I remember getting a puppy years ago when I was going through a rough time and although its what I wanted, it just put me under more pressure and I couldn't do anything about it at the time because the children were so young and I didn't want to disappoint them. I think your daughter helping out will do you good as I find any additional stress, big or small, just makes you feel worse. Try and get some sleep, that will help as anxiety is always worse when you're tired. Take care.

missybct
03-12-12, 13:41
Oh Annie, you poor thing. There has been some really good advice on this thread that I don't think I can add too.

Please be kind to yourself. Please try and eat a little something, even if it takes ages. I often find in a very panicked state that oat biscuits or rusks help me as they are small and compact. I balk at anything big. Have something non-caffeinated like hot milk and pop something on the television that has no drama to it, or read a comforting book.

Is there anybody that could just pop over for a wee while if you felt up to it? Or maybe a phone call? I find that if I am really really bad a quick phone call to someone helps - I ask them to tell me about their day, or absolutely anything so I can listen to them and focus on what they are saying.

xxx

Annie0904
03-12-12, 19:18
Thank you all for your support. I have had half a cup of Horlicks and half a banana and a rich tea biscuit. I had to force them down.

Elle-Kay
03-12-12, 19:20
That's good though Annie. I know how terribly hard it is to put anything past your lips when you're so anxious, so well done - genuinely x

swgrl09
03-12-12, 19:25
I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly, sending hugs your way.
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Annie0904
03-12-12, 19:27
That's good though Annie. I know how terribly hard it is to put anything past your lips when you're so anxious, so well done - genuinely x

My husband has called work and given them a good talking too. He has also spoke to my union who will help.

almamatters
03-12-12, 19:32
Hope you are feeling a little better Annie. :hugs: :hugs:

Annie0904
03-12-12, 19:35
I'm not, I have cried non stop all day. I think this feels like the worst day ever even though I know I have been here before.

swgrl09
03-12-12, 19:38
You have gotten through it before, you will again. You can only go up from here. :hugs:

Annie0904
03-12-12, 19:42
You have gotten through it before, you will again. You can only go up from here. :hugs:

Thank you, I know I have done it before but I just can't see a way out of it today

Col
03-12-12, 20:01
How are you feeling this evening x

Annie0904
03-12-12, 20:02
No better, I still haven't managed to sleep. I don't know what to do with myself.

Floridagirl
03-12-12, 20:03
Sending best wishes xxx

Annie0904
03-12-12, 20:04
Sending best wishes xxx

Thank you

swgrl09
03-12-12, 20:20
You will sleep eventually because your body will just take over ... not getting sleep is like being drunk almost ... it makes every emotion 100x worse. I hope you feel better :hugs:Tomorrow is a new day

Col
03-12-12, 20:33
Ahh Annie, :hugs:

Just some suggestions - you tube tapping exercises , do you like chess or online games?
Warm bath with bath salts.

May help X

starlight78
03-12-12, 20:45
Oh Annie, thinking of you. Each wobble feels the worst but you know you have been here before and got through it. These are all just nasty anxiety symptoms. Try and burn off some adrenalin by moving about a bit. If you have diazepam dont be afraid to take a decent sized dose to give yourself a break from the horrid symptoms.

You are ok Annie, this will pass! We are here for you x x

ricardo
03-12-12, 20:50
just popped in to say goodnight Annie,tomorrow will be a better day xx

Elle-Kay
03-12-12, 21:05
I'm pleased your husband has put work in their place!
Swgrl is right - your body will take over eventually and make you sleep.