PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Meet Up

Serenitie
02-12-12, 22:03
Hi All,

I've attended a couple of meet ups in Leeds with members off this site and have really enjoyed them and made good friendships through them.

I would be interested in starting up a meet in my home town, Liverpool. I have lived in Yorkshire for 12 years but retain my Scouse warmth, humour and accent ;) I always enjoy re connecting with my home town. I visit home as often as possible and would love to meet up with new friends.

I would love to hear from any members interested in meeting up in Liverpool. Please post on this thread or feel free to PM me.

I thought that Bold St would be a good meeting place with it's huge range of lovely cafés and bars. The Albert Dock is another possible central venue. These are just suggestions and by no means set in stone.

I hope to hear back from interested people. We could then get to know each other a little and look at a venue and time that suits us all.

Warmest wishes,

Cat

Laurenita
02-12-12, 22:28
I would be up for this! :) x

Serenitie
02-12-12, 22:37
Great!!! :yesyes: What are your preferred times,days and venues?

Cat x

Anna C
09-12-12, 22:01
Hi

I would also be interested. I did try to arrange something in Liverpool, but it didn't happen in the end.
I work full time but could meet up on a Saturday or Sunday, Bold street would be easier for me to get to, but I can get to the Albert Dock if that is better for other people.

Laurenita
09-12-12, 22:06
Anywhere is fine with me :) I go to Uni there, so i'm there 3-4 times a week and my boyfriend lives over there, so any time is okay for me!

Laurenita
10-12-12, 11:10
Maybe the egg cafe ( just off bold street) it's a vegetarian cafe, and whilst I'm not a vegetarian they do all sorts of green teas and it's so lovely and cosy in there :)

---------- Post added at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

And come on guys, it'd be lovely to meet locals :) of any age, shape, gender or size hah!

Serenitie
10-12-12, 11:40
Hi

I would also be interested. I did try to arrange something in Liverpool, but it didn't happen in the end.
I work full time but could meet up on a Saturday or Sunday, Bold street would be easier for me to get to, but I can get to the Albert Dock if that is better for other people.

Saturday is good for me!:yesyes:

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

Maybe the egg cafe ( just off bold street) it's a vegetarian cafe, and whilst I'm not a vegetarian they do all sorts of green teas and it's so lovely and cosy in there :)

---------- Post added at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

And come on guys, it'd be lovely to meet locals :) of any age, shape, gender or size hah!

I LOVE Egg Cafe!!!!

Can I suggest a date? How is Saturday 9th February?

I know it seems a while away, but Christmas is creeping up on us and I am away in Edinburgh. Then I am staying in a yurt mid January and attending the Derby meet up at the end of January! (I could not leave the house earlier this year! )

Early February gives us plenty of time to attract interest, chat a little on here prior to meeting and replenish funds after Christmas. Let me know your thoughts?

If you are both free and up for this day, I will go ahead and book my train tickets and book it in as a definite in my diary :yesyes:

Cat :hugs:

jamieb
10-12-12, 19:12
Count me in. Date and venue both fine with. I will look forward to it. Jamie

Anna C
10-12-12, 20:21
I'll be there too, just let me know what time to get there.:)

Serenitie
11-12-12, 10:34
Count me in. Date and venue both fine with. I will look forward to it. Jamie

Welcome, Jamie! :D

---------- Post added at 09:44 ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 ----------

Great! Shall we say 1pm? We can be flexible about the time to accommodate everyone's availability :)

---------- Post added at 10:34 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

We're making great progress with arranging our first meet! I'm really excited and looking forward to meeting you Anna, Lauren & Jamie :D

All are welcome to join us for our first Liverpool meet

Saturday 9th February 2013, 1pm @ Egg Café
(Top Floor, 16 - 18 Newington, off Bold Street, Liverpool, 
L1 4ED
)

http://www.eggcafe.co.uk/index.html

Booking is recommended at weekends, so I will book a table after the holidays.

I'm really looking forward to visiting my home city in February and building new friendships :)

For all interested in attending, this meeting will be very informal and friendly with a group of people who all understand and experience anxiety.

Please feel free to come along, no matter how long you can stay, to share a cuppa, chit - chat and Scouse humour :winks:

We all experience anxiety differently and can feel at ease managing our anxiety during our meet up in whatever way helps. If this means staying only a short time or popping to the loo or out of the café for a breather at intervals that is fine :yesyes:

I'm away over the holiday period, but look forward to catching up with everyone when I return in the new year :D

Wishing all a peaceful Christmas and every happiness in the new year!

Laurenita
11-12-12, 10:53
Yayyy! Really excited now! :) And you're brave staying in a yurt in January haha! x

Serenitie
11-12-12, 11:41
Yayyy! Really excited now! :) And you're brave staying in a yurt in January haha! x

Me too! :yesyes:

I stayed in a yurt for new year 2 years ago. It had no heating ~ brrrrrrrr! This yurt has a wood burning stove in it & candles...excited! :yahoo:

Speak soon! x

vic27
11-12-12, 14:16
Hi, I've just joined the forum. I'd like to go to the meet up too if that's ok. I'm not far from Liverpool, so it would be good to find a local group

Victoria

Serenitie
11-12-12, 14:46
Hi, I've just joined the forum. I'd like to go to the meet up too if that's ok. I'm not far from Liverpool, so it would be good to find a local group

Victoria

Welcome to the forum Victoria! :hugs: You are more than welcome to join us :) I'm really looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the group. We can all get to know each other a little on here before our get together. If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to ask.

Cat

Jellybeanz
15-12-12, 16:16
Hiii,

I live in Warrington (about 20 mins from Liverpool) and would definitely be interested in meeting you guys. :) So glad it's in Feb; I'm in work non-stop till mid Jan!

Serenitie
15-12-12, 18:13
Hiii,

I live in Warrington (about 20 mins from Liverpool) and would definitely be interested in meeting you guys. :) So glad it's in Feb; I'm in work non-stop till mid Jan!

Welcome Jellybeanz! :D

I look forward to meeting you. Happy holidays! :yesyes:

Cat

oh no_1
15-12-12, 23:44
well done cat on organising some meets.... proud of you..... i would like to organise a meet nearer me.

hello laurenita.... been talking to you a bit on here....

i fancy trying to get to a different place some time.

Serenitie
15-12-12, 23:46
well done cat on organising some meets.... proud of you..... i would like to organise a meet nearer me.

hello laurenita.... been talking to you a bit on here....

i fancy trying to get to a different place some time.

Get the train to Liverpool & join us Jemma?

oh no_1
15-12-12, 23:54
um um id have to look into it...... cant even get to leeds one at minute but would like to venture out and would be good to meet you laurenita after talking to you.

Serenitie
15-12-12, 23:59
um um id have to look into it...... cant even get to leeds one at minute but would like to venture out and would be good to meet you laurenita after talking to you.

Think it over and we can talk about this. It could be a good alternative to Leeds meet which you can't travel to right now.

oh no_1
16-12-12, 00:08
yeh thanks cat.
i think i need to look into trains, maybe get a train with someone first one day but defo needing to look at other options even for leeds meet and not sure where to start when thinking about trains and booking and platforms and not sure.

Serenitie
16-12-12, 00:23
It's all workable. We can discuss it before the meet up :)

oh no_1
16-12-12, 00:27
um ok, i think, i dont know, but if i went anywhere further than leeds would it be two trains?????? would have to get transport to the train station before could get a train, i will have to look at different options.

casswhite
16-12-12, 01:45
This sounds good to me I'm only at Wigan so count me in I'm looking forward to it already!!

Cass :-) X

quickman
16-12-12, 02:26
Hi,

Signed up a few months ago, got some help but never really did get involved with the community. It okay for me to consider this?

FroggyPrince
16-12-12, 10:27
Hi all,

It's great news that there's going to be a Liverpool meet - well done for organising it! :D

I'd like to come along, if that's okay.

Paul (Froggy)

Serenitie
17-12-12, 10:20
This sounds good to me I'm only at Wigan so count me in I'm looking forward to it already!!

Cass :-) X

Welcome Cass! :D I'm looking forward to meeting you! :yesyes:

Cat x

---------- Post added at 07:12 ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 ----------

Hi,

Signed up a few months ago, got some help but never really did get involved with the community. It okay for me to consider this?

Hi quickman!

You are more than welcome to join us. It is a very informal get together. Feel free to pop in and stay for as long as you are comfortable with staying. I hope to see you there :yesyes:

Cat

---------- Post added at 07:14 ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 ----------

Hi all,

It's great news that there's going to be a Liverpool meet - well done for organising it! :D

I'd like to come along, if that's okay.

Paul (Froggy)

Hi Paul!

You are more than welcome to join us! :D I might even rope you in to writing a quiz as an ice breaker:roflmao: I look forward to meeting you :yesyes:

Cat

---------- Post added at 07:20 ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 ----------

Wow! Our get together is now up to 10 members! I'm thrilled with the response and I'm thinking that it may be wise to make a provisional table booking for 12 given the interest shown in this meeting and the small size of the venue. I will call to book this week and update when I have done this :)

I'm looking forward to meeting you all! :yesyes:

Cat

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 ----------

Hi all,

I have booked a table for Saturday 9th February, 1pm @ The Egg Café . A £2 deposit per head is required. I have arranged to call back in January to confirm numbers and arrange for the deposit to be paid.

Cat :D

oh no_1
18-12-12, 22:30
so proud of you cat. :) i will get to one of these meet ups your going to if i can and il drive there which will be easier..... will just to have to look into parking etc etc

Serenitie
19-12-12, 08:05
so proud of you cat. :) i will get to one of these meet ups your going to if i can and il drive there which will be easier..... will just to have to look into parking etc etc

This would be good, Jemma :) There is a lot of parking available in the city centre :hugs:

oh no_1
19-12-12, 08:21
um is it busy busy like leeds? u meeting city centre city centre? as i womnt drive to leeds so unsure yet but il see.

Serenitie
19-12-12, 08:33
um is it busy busy like leeds? u meeting city centre city centre? as i womnt drive to leeds so unsure yet but il see.

No not at all. The city centre in Liverpool is well laid out and not as hectic as Leeds. Where we are meeting is out of the way of Liverpool One shopping centre where it will be busier. The place we are meeting is in a quiet side street and is a very quiet, relaxed, cosy cafe :)

oh no_1
28-12-12, 01:51
um oh right

Jellybeanz
29-12-12, 13:20
Heyy, just checking this is still going ahead and it is - great! 'Quiet, relaxed and cosy' sounds good to me... also near a bar is always helpful, hehe. :P

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

Serenitie
29-12-12, 17:38
Heyy, just checking this is still going ahead and it is - great! 'Quiet, relaxed and cosy' sounds good to me... also near a bar is always helpful, hehe. :P

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

Hi Jellybeanz!

Absolutely this meet is going ahead! :yesyes: The cafe is lovely & there are lots of really nice bars just a hop, skip and jump away too :winks:

I'm just back from Christmas in Edinburgh and still very much in festive spirits! I hope that the festive season was kind to everyone and I'm really excited and happy about meeting you all very soon :hugs:

Cat

Serenitie
31-12-12, 02:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6tV11acSRk

Happy new year fellow Scousers! See you soon my lovelies! x

oh no_1
31-12-12, 04:20
gosh cnt believe I will be going to Liverpool at some point before the end of march.... oh my gosh never been. (is nervous or excited or gosh i dont know what the word is...... never been on a train in gosh so so so many years either)

Serenitie
31-12-12, 16:42
gosh cnt believe I will be going to Liverpool at some point before the end of march.... oh my gosh never been. (is nervous or excited or gosh i dont know what the word is...... never been on a train in gosh so so so many years either)

You'll love Liverpool, Gem! It is a beautiful city with very friendly people! :yesyes: xxx

Serenitie
02-01-13, 22:24
Happy New Year All!

Hi All!

I'm just checking in on everyone now that I'm back from Christmas in Edinburgh & New Year celebrations are over. I hope that this message finds everyone happy & well :)

I have a table booked provisionally for 12 to accommodate all who have shown interest in attending this get together.

For all interested in attending, this meeting will be very informal and friendly with a group of people who all understand and experience anxiety.

Please feel free to come along, no matter what time you can make it or how long you can stay, to share a cuppa, chit ~ chat, good company and Scouse humour :D

If you are interested in attending, please get in touch. All are welcome! :yesyes:

L1 4ED
)

I have booked my train tickets :D I will be calling Egg to confirm our table and numbers on January 31st.

I'm so looking forward to meeting you all! :hugs:

Cat

FroggyPrince
03-01-13, 00:25
Looking forward to it. :D

Paul (Froggy)

Serenitie
03-01-13, 07:39
Looking forward to it. :D

Paul (Froggy)

Glad to hear it, Paul. Me too!

I look forward to meeting you soon :)

Take care,

Cat

oh no_1
03-01-13, 12:01
um when is the liverpool meet up???

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

um cat.... this could maybe be good for me to um go to before... um oh um actually not sure.

Serenitie
03-01-13, 18:24
um when is the liverpool meet up???

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

um cat.... this could maybe be good for me to um go to before... um oh um actually not sure.

L1 4ED
)

We can chat about the details of you getting there if you feel up to it Gemma. There's 5 weeks to go yet. Take one step at a time. I'll speak to you this evening :hugs:

oh no_1
03-01-13, 22:42
um hope i do.... would be good to go to this and then have the mac thing u got me for xmas couple of weeks or longer after, then i done it once.

Serenitie
04-01-13, 01:45
We can work the details out, Gem. Speak later :)

oh no_1
13-01-13, 22:51
ok

Serenitie
15-01-13, 22:34
Could all interested parties please confirm interest and intention in attending this meet so that I can make final table booking please.

Thanks a million!:D

Cat

abs
17-01-13, 22:58
Hey there :) Not sure if this meet up has been or is yet to happen but I'd love to join the Liverpool meeting if possible!?

Please let me know details and i'll be there :yahoo: xxx

Serenitie
18-01-13, 10:39
Hey there :) Not sure if this meet up has been or is yet to happen but I'd love to join the Liverpool meeting if possible!?

Please let me know details and i'll be there :yahoo: xxx

Hi! You are more than welcome to join this meet up:yesyes:

L1 4ED
)

I really look forward to meeting you. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to PM me :)

oh no_1
19-01-13, 03:11
um um i still want to come.... but need to tlk to u first.

paulwelly
22-01-13, 19:22
hi, i have just joined the forum (have followed posts for a while, hopefully ready for a meet). i would like to attend with my wife if thats okay, wouldn't be able to do it on my own.

good health to you all.

Paul

Serenitie
22-01-13, 19:42
hi, i have just joined the forum (have followed posts for a while, hopefully ready for a meet). i would like to attend with my wife if thats okay, wouldn't be able to do it on my own.

good health to you all.

Paul

Oh a very warm welcome to you, Paul! :hugs:

It would be wonderful to have you and your wife join us. I'm really looking forward to meeting you both :D

This is a very informal, friendly get together in a supportive environment. We all experience and understand anxiety and you will be made to feel very welcome.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to drop me a line.

Take care. I look forward to meeting you soon.

Cat :)

Serenitie
23-01-13, 17:48
Hi All!

We have 9 definites up to now for our first Liverpool meet which is really encouraging for a first meet up. I'm hoping that we can make this a regular get together for us all to enjoy and benefit from :D

There is a lovely mix of people coming along. We all experience and understand anxiety so everyone will be made to feel very welcome and comfortable. From what I know of the people attending there is also a great mix of skills, interests and experiences not to mention a huge dollop of Scouse humour! :winks:

Please feel free to come along at any time from 1pm and stay for as little or as long as feels good for you. Chat as much or as little as you feel comfortable with and feel free to take a breather or do whatever you need to do to manage your anxiety during our get together. This is a friendly get together with like minded people who are coming together to offer support, understanding & friendship.

This will be my first visit home this year and I'm thrilled to be sharing it with new friends I've not met yet :D

I will send my mobile number to all attending so that we all have a point of contact. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch. I have had some lovely chats with people attending through private messages :)

I'm really looking forward to meeting you all and getting to know you better. All are welcome to join us for our first Liverpool meet.

Wishing good health & happiness to all :hugs:

Cat

L1 4ED
)

Serenitie
23-01-13, 23:03
There are 10 of us meeting now! :yahoo: I'm so excited to meet you all :D

oh no_1
24-01-13, 03:15
hopefully 11

xdavex
25-01-13, 01:11
hopefully 11
Or even 12, as I fancy a trip to Liverpool :yahoo:

Serenitie
25-01-13, 01:17
Or even 12, as I fancy a trip to Liverpool :yahoo:

You're more than welcome to join us, Dave :yesyes: We now have 11 who have said that they are definitely attending and 2 hoping to join us :yahoo: I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone :D

Serenitie
31-01-13, 09:56
Just over a week until our first meet! :yahoo:

Already our group has shown kindness to each other with offers of lifts to other members living nearby who are attending our meet :)

Could you please confirm your attendance by Wednesday as I will be confirming the final numbers for our table booking and paying the deposit for our table on Thursday.

I am in Liverpool from next Thursday afternoon - Saturday night. If anyone would like to meet up for a cuppa and chat prior to the meet I'm very open to that. Feel free to text or PM me to let me know when you are around.

Otherwise, I look forward to meeting you all a week on Saturday. The first of many :yesyes:

Take care & speak soon all.

FroggyPrince
31-01-13, 21:45
Confirmed here. :D

Serenitie
31-01-13, 22:20
Confirmed here. :D

Great, Paul! I look forward to meeting you :D

xdavex
02-02-13, 23:06
Confirmation!..., yep, I'll be there :D

Btw, does anyone else share my interest for studying maps & urban exploration of dis-used rail routes within this region & other regions?

Serenitie
03-02-13, 07:05
Confirmation!..., yep, I'll be there :D

Btw, does anyone else share my interest for studying maps & urban exploration of dis-used rail routes within this region & other regions?

Yay! Glad to have you join us, Dave :yesyes:

I think that I know of one person attending our group who could share your interest of exploring dis-used railways and develop a wonderful friendship :yesyes:

Through recent conversations I have 11 definites so will book a table for 11 on Thursday unless I hear from anyone else. Our gang are as follows:

Cat, Antonio, Paul, Anna, Victoria, Paul, Jane, Rach, Mike, Adele, Dave.

Almost an equal gender balance with 6 laydees & 5 gents attending :)

This is a huge success for our first meeting which I plan to be a monthly get together. Thank you so much to all involved for stepping out of your comfort zone to make this possible :hugs:

I'm so looking forward to meeting you all. From my personal conversations with all attending, I can honestly say that we are a real mixed bag of wonderful people with lots to offer and much to gain from this group. I have a really good feeling about our get together. Excitement far outweighs any anxieties I have about attending.

This time last year, I could not leave my home. Right now, I am beaming at the opportunity to meet and share warmth, understanding & develop friendships with such wonderful people.

Much love to all.

See you soon!!!

---------- Post added at 07:05 ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 ----------

I have messaged all attending with my contact / mobile number. If you plan to contact me, please send me your mobile number if you haven't already as my mobile does not always allow unknown numbers to contact me.

I have changed my avatar so that you all have a recognisable face to alleviate the anxiety of approaching random strangers! :roflmao:

I am colouring my hair a warm red shade on Monday ~ time permitting. So look out for this face with fiery red hair :winks:

See you soon! :)

Cat

xdavex
03-02-13, 19:17
Also for recognition purposes at meet-up, there's a fairly recent photo of me at my modelling desk, that I've put on my modelling thread earlier today in the 'NMP arts and crafts' topic ,
here should be a link to my thread (see my latest post on page 2) ; http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=128340

Serenitie
03-02-13, 22:40
Also for recognition purposes at meet-up, there's a fairly recent photo of me at my modelling desk, that I've put on my modelling thread earlier today in the 'NMP arts and crafts' topic ,
here should be a link to my thread (see my latest post on page 2) ; http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=128340

Thanks for that, Dave :)

As a side note:

I'm giving a few people who are meeting up a call next week to say a quick hello to break the ice and reduce some anxieties about meeting a new group of people.

If you would like a call to say hello and put a voice to my name please feel free to private message me :D

Speak soon all :)

Cat x

Serenitie
06-02-13, 23:55

Lovely chatting to you this evening. See you for a pint of Mild on Friday night, Dave :yesyes:

---------- Post added at 23:54 ---------- Previous post was at 23:51 ----------

So lovely to speak to you this evening, Ann :hugs: I can't wait to meet you on Saturday x

---------- Post added at 23:55 ---------- Previous post was at 23:54 ----------

I spoke to 2 of our yummy scrummy gang this evening :yesyes: We are such a friendly bunch and I'm certain we'll all enjoy our meet on Saturday :) I'm very excited to meet you all :D

A huge thank you once again to all attending for stepping out of your comfort zone & making this wonderful get together possible and highly likely to be a regular get together

See you all soon! :yahoo:

Much love,

Cat xxx

xdavex
07-02-13, 00:03
Yes indeed Cat , I love my mild & it was great to chat, as you made me feel at ease & we had a good laugh about our regional accents :winks:
so I look forward to meeting you & others in the next couple of of days :yahoo:.

Serenitie
07-02-13, 00:07
Yes indeed Cat , I love my mild & it was great to chat, as you made me feel at ease & we had a good laugh about our regional accents :winks:
so I look forward to meeting you & others in the next couple of of days :yahoo:.

What great accents we have! :yesyes: It was so lovely to chat with you, Dave. I look forward to meeting you and our gang in my favourite UK city. I think you will be visiting often :)

Speak / see you soon :D

Cat x

Anna C
07-02-13, 22:09
Thanks Cat

I can only repeat what Dave has said - you made me feel at ease and it was great to chat to you, but you didn't laugh about my accent because it's the same as yours!!

Take care, see you all on Saturday.

Jellybeanz
08-02-13, 20:38
Heey :)

Just thought I'd post a quick a message before tomorrow. Really looking forward to meeting you guys - hoping I don't get lost or too nervous! Also hoping you don't laugh at my Wigan accent, it's quite err... 'distinctive?' To put it nicely, lol.

Take care all and see you tomorrow! :D

oh no_1
09-02-13, 11:22
hope you all enjoy your meet!!! hope to get to maybe the next one?

Serenitie
10-02-13, 00:18
Hello All!

A huge thank you to all for such a wonderful day! I loved meeting each and every one of you! Thank you all so much for having the courage to step out of your comfort zone. We all have so much to be proud of for our achievements today! :yesyes:

I'm just home and reflecting on what a wonderful group of people I spent today with. We all have so much to offer. I consider you all to be new friends and look forward to the development of our friendships in many get togethers to come :D

So, feel free to message me or post on this thread with availability for the next meet in March. Preferred days & times, venues or activities you would like to visit or take part in.

I look forward to seeing you all again and keeping in touch in between meeting up.

Good health, happiness, much love and huge hugs to each and every one of you.

oh no_1
10-02-13, 07:38
glad you had a fab time cat.

FroggyPrince
10-02-13, 20:52
Hi Cat,

Just to say many thanks for organising and hosting a great meet yesterday. I had a great time, and really enjoyed meeting everyone in the group - I thought it was a great turnout, and everyone seemed to be really relaxed and chatty. I'm sure that this is just the start of a successful group here in Liverpool!

Paul :D

Anna C
10-02-13, 21:14
Hi Cat

Thanks for yesterday I had a really good time and it was lovely to meet everyone.
I'm looking forward to the next meet up in March.:)

Take care and I hope to see everyone again soon.

Serenitie
11-02-13, 00:47
glad you had a fab time cat.

Thank you, Gemma! It was a lovely get together :D

---------- Post added at 00:42 ---------- Previous post was at 00:31 ----------

Hi Cat,

Just to say many thanks for organising and hosting a great meet yesterday. I had a great time, and really enjoyed meeting everyone in the group - I thought it was a great turnout, and everyone seemed to be really relaxed and chatty. I'm sure that this is just the start of a successful group here in Liverpool!

Paul :D

Ah Paul, it was so lovely to meet you and the rest of the group :D I really enjoyed talking to you and seeing you enjoy Egg Café's world famous cheese on toast :winks:

I'm so pleased with the feedback I've received that everyone enjoyed themselves and agree that this is just the start of a very successful group in Liverpool :yesyes:

We have a lovely group of genuine, warm people with so may varied interests. I look forward to seeing you all again very soon.

Take care & speak soon, Paul

---------- Post added at 00:47 ---------- Previous post was at 00:42 ----------

Hi Cat

Thanks for yesterday I had a really good time and it was lovely to meet everyone.
I'm looking forward to the next meet up in March.:)

Take care and I hope to see everyone again soon.

Hi Ann,

It was so lovely to meet you on Saturday :D

One of the things that I remember when I was looking around the table as we all chatted was your smile. I never caught a glimpse of you without a smile on your face and you have such a beautiful smile! :D

I'm so pleased that you had a good time and I'm looking forward to seeing you again very soon.

Take care & speak soon, Ann.

Serenitie
11-02-13, 12:58
I'm really looking forward to meeting up with you all again and would like to suggest a date and venue for our next meet:

Saturday 2nd March 1pm @ Leaf
http://www.thisisleaf.co.uk/#/on-bold-street/about/

Leaf is just around the corner from Egg Café on Bold Street. It is a beautifully decorated cafe bar that is very popular but never feels crowded. A great place to meet & chat. It serves a wide selection of herbal teas including a delicate rose tea, tea, coffee, delicious cakes and meals for those in need of fuel in between chatting! It also has a bar for those wanting to enjoy a glass of wine or a beer.

A few of us called into Leaf on Saturday evening and whiled a way an hour or two before catching our trains home.

This date and venue is not set in stone. It is just a suggestion and very much subject to the availability and preferences of the group. As Liverpool is blessed with such a great café culture, I thought that it would be nice to explore new venues and revisit favourites as our get togethers progress.

All newcomers are more than welcome to attend.

I look forward to hearing your feedback and once we have a date and venue that suits everyone, I will go ahead and book a table for us and pack my case ready for travels homeward bound! :D

I look forward to hearing from you all! :yesyes:

Jellybeanz
13-02-13, 15:44
Hi all

Apart from getting lost for an hour, Saturday was great! Really enjoyed meeting you all - definitely felt like a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere between all of us. :) Leaf seems like a very nice venue too... and the food smells and looks great!

The 2nd is fine by me! :D And thankfully I'll know the way this time, lol.

Serenitie
13-02-13, 20:16
Hi all

Apart from getting lost for an hour, Saturday was great! Really enjoyed meeting you all - definitely felt like a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere between all of us. :) Leaf seems like a very nice venue too... and the food smells and looks great!

The 2nd is fine by me! :D And thankfully I'll know the way this time, lol.

Hiya Rach!

I'm so glad that you had a good time at the meet :) I enjoyed our chat in Leaf afterwards and our taxi dash to the train station too! :D

I'm so glad to hear that you are free on the 2nd March. I'm looking forward to our next meet already!

Take care and speak soon :hugs:

Cat

Anna C
14-02-13, 19:53
Hi

I can make it that day too.:yesyes: I will look forward to seeing you all again.
Take care. x

Serenitie
15-02-13, 14:42
Hi

I can make it that day too.:yesyes: I will look forward to seeing you all again.
Take care. x

Yay, Ann!:yesyes:

I'm really looking forward to seeing you and meeting up with everyone again :D

Take care & speak soon! :hugs:

Cat x

Serenitie
15-02-13, 23:35
I have had a good response with 5 definite yays for the next Liverpool meet already :yesyes: I will go ahead and book a table provisionally for 10 for our next meet as I did last time :D

Saturday 2nd March 1pm @ Leaf

All newcomers are welcome. If you are reading and interested in joining in please do. Any questions, please do not hesitate to message me. I look forward to another wonderful get together with a great bunch of warm & genuine people! :yesyes:

Take care & speak soon all!

Cat :bighug1:

Serenitie
16-02-13, 18:41
Hi All! Me again! :winks:

I have had more confirmations today so I have gone ahead and booked my train tickets and our table @ Leaf for 10 :yahoo: Our table will be ready for us at 1:30pm. I have advised Leaf that not all of us will be eating and this is fine with them. We have use of the table for as long as we want it until early evening :)

I will private message all who are attending with these details as not everyone who would like to attend is a regular forum user.

All newcomers are welcome. Please express interest on this thread or message me so that I can keep up with numbers and make any changes to our booking to accommodate all attending. Thanks a million! :D

For any newcomers ~ our first meet last weekend was a huge success. We are a group of warm, interesting, supportive people. There is a good gender balance within the group with a pretty even balance of men and women and a wide age range from early twenties to fabulous fortysomethings! :D We have a wide range of interests and backgrounds and would welcome any newcomers to the group.

This is a very friendly informal group. Please feel free to join us and stay for whatever length of time that is comfortable for you.

I look forward to seeing everyone soon! :D

Saturday 2nd March 1:30pm @ Leaf

Serenitie
17-02-13, 02:37
Easter Egg Hunt!

Hi all! Me again!:winks:

A brief interlude from planning our March meet.

I am already planning our April meet ~ a gal has to keep on her toes! ;) It is Bank Holiday Monday on April 1st, which means for those in our gang who work, you will have a day off! Yay!

Fancy an Easter Egg Hunt arraged by moi teamed with our April meet? If you will be free on Monday on April 1st, text or message me and I will start planning. This is not an April fool message!!!:D

Cat X

oh no_1
18-02-13, 05:26
I really want to do a Liverpool meet, I never been and something I really want to do!

Serenitie
19-02-13, 23:32
Thank you to all for your private messages and enthusiasm about our meets! I'm thrilled with the response and so happy to build friendships with such a warm, interesting and friendly group of genuine people! :yesyes:

As a side note, I will be in Liverpool to attend 'Electrofied Yoga' and an acoustic music set once a month (it seems like these events will take place on the first Tuesday of each month from what I can gather).

If you are interested in joining me for either or both please private message me for details and dates :)

Cat :hugs: x

Serenitie
26-02-13, 09:19
Hi All,

The table is booked for this weekend's meet @ Leaf. Me & Antonio cannot make it as we have been ill since before our last meet as you know. We have had recurrent chest infection / flu symptoms and my GP is visiting tomorrow as they are concerned to eliminate other causes including pleurisy & norovirus.

Please go ahead with the meet as planned. We have a planned stay in Liverpool for the bulk of next week. If we get the all clear and are in town next week, I will be in touch to arrange a coffee with all who can attend.

I'll keep you posted.

---------- Post added at 09:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 ----------

PS please stay in touch by text as I will not be on line much in the foreseeable future. Thanks!:)

Anna C
28-02-13, 19:43
Hi

Sorry I won't be able to make the meet up as I'm not well. I thought I would be okay for Saturday, but I'm getting worse.
I hope you all have a lovely time and I will see you all at the next meet up. Take care.
Cat I hope you and Antonio feel better soon. x

FroggyPrince
28-02-13, 20:26
Hi all,

Just wondering who is still hoping to come to the meet on Saturday - I'm happy to come along for a little while, but can't stay too long as I've got loads on at the moment. :sad:

Sorry to hear you're not well, Cat. Hope you and Antonio are feeling better soon.

Paul :)

Serenitie
01-03-13, 03:46
Hi

Sorry I won't be able to make the meet up as I'm not well. I thought I would be okay for Saturday, but I'm getting worse.
I hope you all have a lovely time and I will see you all at the next meet up. Take care.
Cat I hope you and Antonio feel better soon. x

Hi Ann,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are poorly :hugs: There are a lot of nasty bugs around. Take care and get yourself well.

I look forward to seeing you next time :D x

---------- Post added at 03:46 ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 ----------

Hi all,

Just wondering who is still hoping to come to the meet on Saturday - I'm happy to come along for a little while, but can't stay too long as I've got loads on at the moment. :sad:

Sorry to hear you're not well, Cat. Hope you and Antonio are feeling better soon.

Paul :)

Hi Paul,

I know that there are a few people who are unable to attend due to illness and one person is having a pretty difficult time personally.

Mike contacted me, he was hoping to attend the first meet but couldn't make it but wants to attend this one :D

Could everyone confirm so I can amend the table booking and contact our new member with details of who is attending please :yesyes:

I'm feeling a little better after a month of viral and chest infections, but still very lethargic and have a fever. I'm laying low for a few more days as I am back in Liverpool next Tuesday - Friday to start a new yoga class. I will also be taking part in my first Fashion Fair in over 5 years! :yesyes:

If anyone would like to meet for a cuppa while I'm in Liverpool, feel free to get in touch. It would be lovely to see you :D

Take care all & speak soon!

Cat :hugs: x

Serenitie
02-03-13, 17:41
Next Liverpool Meet:

Monday April 1st (Easter Bank Holiday Monday) 1pm @ Leaf, Bold Street

http://www.thisisleaf.co.uk/#/home/

A new member, Mike would like to join us :) All are welcome. I look forward to seeing everyone again! :yesyes:

Please contact me on here or by text to confirm.

See you all soon!

Sunshine77
02-03-13, 19:27
Hi Cat

Could I come? I was a bit early-days-nervous to attend the first one but would really like to meet some of the people who've helped me with wise words and support!

Diane x

Serenitie
02-03-13, 19:42
Hi Cat

Could I come? I was a bit early-days-nervous to attend the first one but would really like to meet some of the people who've helped me with wise words and support!

Diane x

Oh Diane,

It's been lovely chatting on here! I would be delighted if you would join us at our next meet! :yesyes: It's a lovely group of people & you will be made to feel very welcome.

Everyone has my number so they have a central point of contact. I'll pm you with my number now.

I'm looking forward to meeting you!:D Don't be a stranger in the meantime :winks:

AndrewNolan
03-03-13, 16:06
Hi Cat

I'd like to be a part of the Liverpool meet up. I live in Wrexham in North Wales so it's not too far to commute.

Been struggling a bit recently so it would be nice to meet people who understand.

Thanks

Andrew

Serenitie
03-03-13, 18:35
Hi Cat

I'd like to be a part of the Liverpool meet up. I live in Wrexham in North Wales so it's not too far to commute.

Been struggling a bit recently so it would be nice to meet people who understand.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew :)

You are more than welcome to join the next meet. We would be more than happy to welcome you and offer you support and friendship during a difficult time :hugs:

Including you, there are three new members attending our next meet and the existing group is made up of warm and genuinely friendly people who understand :)

I will PM you my mobile number which all of our 'gang' have so that they have a central point of contact.

I am happy to call new members prior to meeting to break the ice as I have done in the past :)

I'm really looking forward to meeting you, Andrew. Please do keep in touch in the meantime and be kind to yourself while you are feeling a little fragile.

Any questions please feel free to contact me.

Cat:hugs:

Jellybeanz
08-03-13, 11:32
Hey hey,

Sorry I've not checked on here in a while! How is everyone? How did the last meet go? I kind of thought it was tomorrow... heh. :S Definitely got my dates right for the next one! And yay for new members. :D

PS: Hope you're feeling better, Cat! :hugs:

Serenitie
08-03-13, 16:02
Hey hey,

Sorry I've not checked on here in a while! How is everyone? How did the last meet go? I kind of thought it was tomorrow... heh. :S Definitely got my dates right for the next one! And yay for new members. :D

PS: Hope you're feeling better, Cat! :hugs:

Hi Rach!

Lovely to hear from you :D I'm looking forward to our next meet and a good catch up with everyone and getting to know new members:yesyes:

I look forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks :yesyes:

oh no_1
09-03-13, 08:37
awww id like to get to Liverpool, sounds a lovely place

Serenitie
22-03-13, 08:51
Hi All!

Our next meet up is just around the corner :yesyes:

Next Liverpool Meet:

Monday April 1st (Easter Bank Holiday Monday) from 1pm @ Leaf, Bold Street

http://www.thisisleaf.co.uk/#/home/

We have 3 new people interested in joining us. I know that they will be made to feel very welcome. Can all who are attending post on here, PM or text me and I will contact Leaf to book a table for us once I have numbers confirmed.

I look forward to seeing you all for a catch up and getting to know new members :)

Take care all & see you soon.

Cat :bighug1:

Serenitie
25-03-13, 22:14
Hi,

Just a reminder for final numbers. I need to make a booking by Wednesday to secure a place for bank holiday Monday. Please get in touch to confirm either way.

Thank you.

Cat :)

lizzie29
25-03-13, 22:47
Hopefully I can come in future, but have plans for bank holiday Monday. My diary I also looking quite full til June (!) But will do my best to make a meet :-)

Serenitie
25-03-13, 22:53
Hopefully I can come in future, but have plans for bank holiday Monday. My diary I also looking quite full til June (!) But will do my best to make a meet :-)

You are very welcome, Lizzie. I'll keep you posted on future meets. Good on you for having a full diary! A girl after my own heart :winks:

lizzie29
26-03-13, 11:28
Lol! I like having things to look forward to, and there's only so much tv I can cope with! Having said that, I do a lot of travel with work in the week so sometimes it's nice to have one day at the weekend to do nothing! (Well, apart from washing, tidying, etc!)

Would be lovely to meet with everyone in Liverpool though, so will hope to make a meet soon.

Jellybeanz
31-03-13, 13:47
Hey, won't be able to make tomorrow's meet-up unfortunately. :( Work pulled me in last minute - gotta love retail jobs. But yeah, hope it all goes well! Gutted I'll have to wait a month for the next meet! Let me know how it goes. :)

FroggyPrince
31-03-13, 14:41
I'll be there! :D

Serenitie
04-04-13, 22:25
Hi All!

I won't be arranging any more meet ups until July as I am busy holidaying, flat hunting and hope to move home to Liverpool this summer :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I hope that everyone is happy & well and look forward to catching up with old friends and new in the summer sun :D

Cat :flowers:

Anna C
04-04-13, 22:34
Hi Cat

Good luck with the flat hunting, and I hope you have a lovely holiday. I'm sorry I didn't attend the last meet up, I hope you got my text.

Hope to see you in July, Take care.

oh no_1
11-04-13, 22:13
Hi All!

I won't be arranging any more meet ups until July as I am busy holidaying, flat hunting and hope to move home to Liverpool this summer :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I hope that everyone is happy & well and look forward to catching up with old friends and new in the summer sun :D

Cat :flowers:

wow that sounds exciting cat.... where u going on holiday anywhere nice? ooohhh hope u find somewhere in liverpool although that will be even further away then :(

Gotagetthroughthis
11-04-13, 22:36
wow that sounds exciting cat.... where u going on holiday anywhere nice? ooohhh hope u find somewhere in liverpool although that will be even further away then :(

Hey, Cat has left the forum im sorry to say. Does she have your contact details as I know you were good friends with her? I have her email so I could ask her if its ok to pass it on to you if you want?

Laura1989
12-04-13, 00:26
Hey, Cat has left the forum im sorry to say. Does she have your contact details as I know you were good friends with her? I have her email so I could ask her if its ok to pass it on to you if you want?

I hope she is ok, I used to have her mobile number but lost it when I changed phones :( but could you please ask her if I could have her email address?

oh no_1
12-04-13, 22:57

been trying to get in touch with her for ages through text/email
:( :( :(

have u managed to get in touch with her?

laura442
21-07-13, 21:41
I have been trying to get hold of her too, be became really good friends. Has anyone had any luck with contacting her ?

katy87
01-01-15, 21:54
Hi anyone still use this? I am in Liverpool social anxiety and depression. x