PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I'm new :)

Hypercondriacgirl
02-12-12, 23:29
Hi everyone,
I've only just joined and I've had a look round the site, and think this is a really great site, such a good idea!
So, I'm a bit of a hypercondriac myself(clues in the name) and I'm actaully only 14. I came to this site looking for reassurance. I'm a total worry wuss at times and I'll end up writing my whole life on this site! I don't have any ongoing conditions(that I am aware of) but I do get odd little problems from time to time. I can't really talk to my mum about my health problems because she's quite a stern woman and doesn't really like to get very involved in other people's sensitive probems. I also can't go to see my GP because my family will only get suspicious, I really hate sharing embarrasing stuff with them. I use the NHS symptom checker from time to time but I find it more reassuring to hear from an actual person's opinion.
I'd also love to offer my help and support to others, In anyway I can. I really want to be a doctor when I am older and find medicine really interesting, but I would like to find out more about the human science behind it and about how people feel about their conditions. I am studying Greys Anatomy in my free time and i tend to read books about medicine(I highly recommend 'confessions of a GP' it's a great read and really helps you understand what it's really like for a GP' and I've definately learnt a lot)

Ill try not to be a nuisance on this site and I hope I might even be helpfull to some people!

Your faithfully,
Hypercondriacgirl xxx

Ps. Is my username too superhero-y? ;)

nomorepanic
02-12-12, 23:39
Hi Hypercondriacgirl

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Serenitie
02-12-12, 23:40
:welcome: lovely! You will receive a lot of support on here

dottielottie
03-12-12, 02:07
Hi sweetie, you will love this forum everyone is great and will help you through this x :welcome:

Thumbelina
03-12-12, 02:15
Hi hyperhondriacgirl,
This site is a very good help, though see if yoi can talk to some other family member if not your mum about how you feel and maybe they can take yoiro GP.