PDA

View Full Version : Can't shake off this panic feeling

kittyhan
03-12-12, 09:25
Yesterday was just awful, one of the worst days yet. Couldn't motivate myself to do anything so I ended up on the sofa all day.

Today I made sure to get up at a good time as I have a weird feeling that waking up later yesterday may of caused this.
But I can still feel that panic feeling in my chest and stomach. Help I can't be bothered with this anymore. And more horribly I'm having intrusive thoughts about death. Want to shake this feeling off so desperately.

Thumbelina
03-12-12, 09:47
Hi kittyhan,
Hope you feel better soon.
Maybe you can plan your day out tomorrow and it will help?

joebloggs
03-12-12, 10:31
Hi. kitty. Trying to shake off unwanted feelings is nigh impossible in an anxiety state, so don't try! Can you accept and go with the feelings there? Now this is not easy and I appreciate it only too well. But every negative thought you have uses more nervous energy and energy is something you have no got a lot of, have you? All the thoughts you have are normal in the circumstances. The thought of death is something that everyone has at some time but, when in an anxiety state ALL thoughts become exaggerated and loom up like monsters! So called' normal' people have them but dismiss them and go about their business. We don't.
We hang on to them until real fear clicks in and frightens us into more anxiety. The old vicious circle.
You use the word 'desperately' and this sums up the problem. The more desperate you become the more anxiety you create. Sorry if this sounds too difficult and I do sympathise having been there, but acceptance is the only real answer. Look after yourself. Best wishes. joe.

Charlee123
03-12-12, 11:47
i had a bad day yesterday too, constantly feeling those feelings in your tummy and i just felt hopeless, and im always convinced im dieing of a tumour or getting dementia because y memory is crap. also, i have an obsession with loosing my memory, im so scared, i have to go over things all the time and it drives me nuts. Its horrible, you just feel like crying and curling up in a ball, but hang in there, we are all feeling the same x

kittyhan
07-12-12, 10:13
I have the same feeling as well about my memory! I have awful memory too! Is this something to do with our anxiety? Yesterday I was driven insane after I lost some small safety pins that I had just bought, I had them in my pocket and could not think where I had put them. My mum comes through two hours later whilst making dinner to the living room where I was and brought them to me. I asked "Where did you find them!?" she replied "In the salad drawer in the fridge".... I did laugh it off but man I can't even remember doing it! Losing my nut I am hahahaha. I suppose all I can do is laugh it off but it is quite scary how awful my memory is these days! So I definitely feel for you there Charlee123.

And Joe, thank you so much for your advice. I've actually been following your advice. The other day I was in the car taking a long journey to York and my mind couldn't stop racing about death and suicide. I just let it happen and after it all vented out I felt better knowing that these thoughts are normal in my circumstance and I surprisingly felt better then what I would imagine after thinking about death that much. I just tried to laugh it off really. Thank you so much for your advice, literally saved my life this day! Acceptance is difficult but I'm taking it one day at a time.