PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy, headaches, tired

dann
03-12-12, 09:35
For a few months now I've been dizzy but not too bad. Like I'll move my head then it's like a lag until my vision catches up then its stable.

Over the weekend I had an incredibly bad headache, which ruined my weekend away and left me in the bed in the early afternoon, most likely migraine?

For a few weeks aswell I've been incredibly tired, always yawning, eyes feel heavy.

What on earth is going on? I know my mind is saying tumour or something, whereas my other side of my brain is saying anxiety/depression which started pretty much exactly 12months ago.

It's where I've been I'll soo long with my confused,dizziness etc that I feel it's something sinister.

Does this sound familiar to people?

I'm not taking any meds as the beta blockers & sertiline I was given last year didn't help at all and simply stop taking it after a month, but I've been pretty fine throughout the year, apart from me being ill everyday so far :(

kittyhan
03-12-12, 09:42
Hi there dann, I'm sorry to hear about this. I know it's terrible as I'm currently going through this as well.
Are you on any medication? Or has you currently stopped any?
My mother had these symptoms when we moved house, she had to walk to the doctors as she couldn't drive and when she went to the doctor she couldn't even walk in a straight line and was holding onto walls as her dizziness was that bad. The doctor diagnosed it as stress. Stress does odd things to our bodies and dizziness and headaches are one of the many symptoms.
If you go to the doctor they can actually give you medicine which will help ease the dizziness! They aren't beta blockers either, so you don't have to worry about that!
But I know how you are feeling. My dizziness is awful at the moment and we got on a bus the other day and there were no seats so I said to my mum "Lets get off cause I'm too dizzy to stand" as soon as we went to turn around the bus doors shut and the bus started to move which caused a terrible panic attack. So I do feel for you immensely. Its the last thing we need on top of our depression!
I hope you start to feel better soon! :hugs:

dann
03-12-12, 09:57
Hiya, I'm not on any meds at all, was given some 12th November last year but after a month I just didn't take any anymore as it wasn't helping then everything was good.

Then all this happened and I looked at the remaining sertiline box and noticed it was roughly the same time as last year.

The dizziness is grim, it's the slight pain I get in my head when looking around, near the back of my eye I'd say, but that usually happens for bright things.

Horrible horrible, I know it's abit of depression aswell as I just want it to end, one way or another :0

dann
03-12-12, 17:11
Today was open clinic, so I went to the doctors and said it was chronic sinusitis and reffered me onto ENT.

The last doctor I saw said I may have to have endoscopic sinus surgery, so it's looking that way.

Hopefully this will be the end of it, whenever that may be

kittyhan
06-12-12, 09:43
Oh sorry to hear about this dann. Hopefully the surgery and knowing the diagnosis now will hopefully bring an end to it.
Let me know how you get on. XX

dann
30-09-14, 19:53
Was googling my problems and started to read the first post and thought, wow just like my problems now!

Little did I know it was me.

Weird but 2 years later and same problem minus headaches (finally went for having all 4 wisdom teeth out)

I was put on citrolpram in the end, but think I need more as not had any in a while so guess my anxiety is back again for no reason!!

Maris
02-10-14, 11:33
Same here.

I had my first panic attack exactly 3 weeks ago. A few days after my grandmothers funeral. That was the 3rd person that passed away this year from my family. It came as a very big shock. I experienced my first dizziness in my entire life when my mom called me and told about what had happened. After that panic attack I constantly feel dizzy and out of this world, nothing seems real and its bothering me. When I think about it too much I have these dizzy spells, feels like my head spins for a second with a tickling feeling in my stomach, feels like I am going to faint but nothing happens. (that happens when I am walking on the street). My doctor said that it is normal because my body had too much stress this year and now all of it is coming out...