PDA

View Full Version : New and looking for some help.

Curiousmissclay
03-12-12, 09:47
Hi!

My names Vicky and I believe I'm suffering from some form of anxiety.
Basically I have had a recurring problem with catching my breath and feeling like I can't get enough air into my lungs. This has been coming and going since the age of about 14, I can go months without having the problem and I finally put it down to probably anxiety but recently I have developed a couple more obsessive things namely compulsive swallowing and sort of squeezing my throat muscles together. My partner says its probably anxiety but I guess I just want some advice and maybe some methods to cope which something that at times can be quite distressing for me.

I question if its stress because I live quite a stress free life Im self employed in a creative business, I eat healthy and I'm a long distance runner so for most people I would be pretty relaxed.

Thank you.
Vicky

nomorepanic
03-12-12, 09:57
Hi Curiousmissclay

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Thumbelina
03-12-12, 10:09
Hi Vicky,
Most of the time i start my anxiety cycle with breathlessness and yawning and constantly trying to breath in. I also get some orher weird things like shakes, blurred vision, very dry mouth, constant urge to go to the barhroom....
Anxiety comes in all forms and shapes....
But it goes away as well, you are not alone here.