PDA

View Full Version : Dr has put me on medication

Jem27
21-08-06, 21:00
Hi,

Well I went to see my GP, he was really really nice, so supportive & understanding, we also had a giggle once I got everything off my chest

I told him exactly how ive been feeling, worrying about my health 24.7 and feeling low. Told him im googling all the time and freaking out. He said my bloods are just to check my iron stores and a few other things but he doesn't think for one minute im ill. He was glad that I came to him and told him how I felt so now he can help.

He said he didn't want to touch SSRI's with a barge pole after the reaction I had to Cypralex so he has put me on a Tryciclic(sp) the family ive been on before but this one is called Trazodone. He made me promise I won't read the leaflet He has put me on 2.5ml (liquid form for 2 weeks) he wants to build it up very slowly.

He gave me half an hour of his time, was supposed to be 5 minutes, he was fantastic and im so glad I went and opened up. He wants to see me again in 2 weeks

Went to boots and they have to order it in so im to start it tomorrow and take it at night.

Has anyone taken this if so do you know if weight gain was a side effect? I am very wary of them because my apetite has always gone and ive lost lots of weight on anti ds, since coming off the lofepramine another tryciclic ive got a very good apetite and gained weight.

Thanks for all your support this morning and im sorry to take over this board lately.

Ju xxxx

lainey
21-08-06, 22:15
Hi Jem

Glad you have been to the GP and got everything off your chest, I'm sure that will start to make you feel better. I'm sure you'll be fine on the medication , can't help about the weight gain but if it is a side effect I'm sure it's a small price to pay for feeling better.

Take care

Elaine x

Jem27
22-08-06, 12:09
THanks,

I want to gain weight so im hoping its a side effect;)

reddevil
22-08-06, 12:18
Hi,

My medication had made me put weight on BUT I would rather feel better throughout the day, so medication has helped me lots.

Red

Jem27
22-08-06, 12:42
I hope it helps my mood, well im just always anxious which is awful:-(

hockeyccm27
16-05-09, 08:05
im glad to hear that your willing to take medication it will help, but I'm a medical student and I hate to say it but your family doctor doesn't know anything about psychiatric meds, often times med students/doctors think they are experts in everything, see a pyschiatrist that only deals with this everyday and he will put you on the correct meds. same thing applies to if you develop an unusual looking mole, your GP can't put on his dermatology hat, go to the dermatologist.

my dad is a surgeon, do you think he has any clue about pharmacology? he doesn't hahahahaha