PDA

View Full Version : back again, HELP!!!

zippy
03-12-12, 13:01
I have had pains in my stomach for a few weeks and although i know i have ibs i still have niggling thoughts that something else is going on.
Anyway i started getting shooting pains near my spleen area and feeling a little off. On monday morning i woke up and i had full blown vertigo and i had to ease my self up, i have had it for the last 7 days. My first reaction was brain tumour, i don't know why i never think it could be something less serious. My gp thought either positional vertigo or vestibular neuronitis. Why do i never believe them??
Now i have pressure in the side of my head every day and a feeling of being on a boat all day/ swaying back and forth. I feel like i cant think straight and off balance etc.My mouth has a horrid taste and its constantly dry and feel like my left eye isnt focusing right.
My anxiety has took over now so in my mind all these symptoms are concrete evidence i have a brain tumour!! I keep doing neurological tests on myself because i have looked them up on the net, the walking on spot with eyes shut etc.
I have had many symptoms before with anxiety but never full on vertigo. I keep getting it bending down, looking up, sideways etc and have a constant off balance and foggy head.
Can't believe i am in this state again.

---------- Post added at 13:01 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

Nobody relate to any of this?

almamatters
03-12-12, 17:12
I can relate Ziggy, dizziness, head pressure, blurred vision, describe it as feeling like I have been drinking. It is horrible. I have had a lot of tests, including MRI brain scan to rule out a tumour, eye tests, ENT check up and finally saw a neurologist . Like you, I constantly disbelieve my GP (stupidly) who has put my problems down to tension, anxiety and stress. The symptoms are awful and I really feel for you. Have you had any tests?

zippy
03-12-12, 17:22
I have had mri, scans, eye tests in the past but i am panicing because i have never had full on vertigo before. When i get a new symptom i totally think irrational right away.
I have just been to my gp and she made me follow her finger etc and said i had benign positional vertigo and to do some exercises at home. I mentioned the pressure feeling in my head and she said i might have a bit of fluid in my sinuses. Why do i never believe them, i feel relieved for all of 10 mins and then when i feel woozy or feel i symptom i think no theres something else their missing.

almamatters
03-12-12, 17:34
I have list of balance exercises to do as well from ENT , supposed to retrain your brain eyes and ears to coordinate. I know exactly what you mean about short term reassurance. When I left the neurologist, who confirmed scan was fine and that he did not think there was a sinister reason for my problems, I felt happy and calm until I got home. Then the familiar doubts began to creep in, and before long I was starting to panic again.
My sister always says to me," what is the point of having tests and seeking opinions, if you do not believe a word they say". This sort of brings it home really. Sooner or later we have to be reassured. HA is a complete pain!!
Hope you are feeling better soon :flowers:

zippy
03-12-12, 18:06
What are your balance excercises? Are they the brandt-daroff excercises?
What did they say was causing you to be off balance, anxiety?
I keep getting odd feelings in my left cheek/side of head as if its my sinuses as well.

almamatters
03-12-12, 18:24
sorry for calling you Ziggy just realised it's Zippy. Can't remember name of the exercises but they consist of moving head back and forwards, throwing a ball from one hand to the other, walking in a straight line , (will try and find the paperwork in a minute for the name) I was told that adrenalin and anxiety mixed with stress was causing 90 per cent of my symptoms. I went to ENT to get my sinuses checked out, as sometimes I feel they are congested, but the consultant did not think in my case it was relevant. Also was told that sinuses etc are seen on a brain MRI, which I did not realise to be honest so this did away with my next worry which was a sinus tumour :wacko:. I get weird tingling left side of head which moves about,and slight numbness forehead and nose. Mine started in May and has been almost daily since. How long have your symptoms been going on??

zippy
03-12-12, 21:46
The vertigo started last monday buy i have had bouts of health anxiety for a few years. Everytime i get a new symptom i think i have a tumour and make myself worse.
Got vertigo etc and instantly think brain tumour. I have seen 3 gps within a week who all say i have positional vertigo but i never believe them. Its the pressure in my left side of head/ear/cheek that doesnt fit with the vertigo and its feeding my brain tumour fears along with the vertigo.