PDA

View Full Version : How long will this hell last?! - Questions on health anxiety recovery

pAULspybeef
03-12-12, 11:46
I have now been suffering with what has been classified as anxiety/somatic anxiety/health anxiety for just over a year now. I have had sporadic episodes of anxiety since the age of 19 (I'm 30 now) although none as severe as this.

I have endured a range of physical symptoms (tingles/sore eyes etc etc etc), but the symptom I HATE the most is the feeling of weakness on my left side, and although I initially worried about MS, I am pretty much accepting of the anxiety diagnosis. Although, it feels weak, I am still coordinated, I play football, walk, play guitar, drive etc, but the feeling is bloody awful and never ceases!

The thread on "newcomers worried about MS" (see: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42556) describes me to a tee.

The main idea from here and other self-help stuff is that the damage to the nervous system has been done, and that we have to accept and give it time.

I have two main questions:
- Has anyone in any similar predicament got any useful tips/strategies/advice to help me make more progress?
- How long does recovery take?

I would be so grateful for any input

Seasons greetings

pAUL