PDA

View Full Version : Success with acceptance.

joebloggs
03-12-12, 12:05
Hi All. For many years I 'battled' with anxiety until I came upon Dr. Weekes method. It took ages for me to 'accept' as she suggested, and even longer to come through many 'setbacks' but I finally made it. I do get the occasional setback, but if accepted and dealt with as before it does not last long. Being sensitive people it would be amazing if we did not have the occasional 'setback' considering the world we live in. My 'bible' is Dr. Weekes "Essential help for your Nerves", which is a much updated and revised version of her previous books. I say I 'battled' and that, of course, is the root of our problem. When we 'battle' we create more anxiety and fear. Good luck to all. joe.

electrical_stormgirl
04-12-12, 12:58
Thanks Joe, glad to hear you've found something that works. I agree acceptance is so important to recovery :)

BobbyDog
04-12-12, 14:03
You are so right Joe, good luck in your recovery.:yesyes:

oh no_1
31-12-12, 04:23
Wow good on you.
Took me so so so long to accept and it hasnt been until I hit rock rock bottom and this kind of i dont know if was breakdown or what and then feeling nothing that I had to just accept i will ill.
One of hardest things I had to do and cried alot when thniking about it but. oh .

kezzabella
10-01-13, 11:02
That's really good I need to accept mine but find it very hard to do so as I have bad thoughts all the time, I need to think nope this is ok and it will get better but that's the hard part was it better not having meds to help cus wen I take them they block my feelings and can't cry etc so stopped taking meds now to help me cry it out but I don't wanna end up depressed again any suggestions ? Xx:weep: