PDA

View Full Version : Meds change and feeling 'flat'

PanicYeNot
03-12-12, 15:22
Hi everyone

I have just changed meds from Sertraline to Venlafaxine as the side effects of Sert were just too much to bear. Thankfully Ven seems to be each easier on me but I am feeling what I can only describe as 'flat' emotionally and I was wondering if this was to be expected in the short term when changing meds? I am on day 5 now and my anxiety is pretty much non existent which is GREAT but just wish my mood would lift. Is this just an adjustment period do you think? Any ideas/advice would be gratefully received. Thanks for reading. x

spawn
03-12-12, 16:18
Hi there! :)
I experienced a flat feeling for around 10 days when starting, i just felt numb to everything and felt very low/down, it does pass in time!
I sometimes get a blip for a week or so and its the same feeling, i think its just the meds adjusting?

Good luck :)

PanicYeNot
03-12-12, 17:21
Hey there
Thanks for replying. That's exactly how I feel. I figured it probably would be the meds adjusting but it's always good to have reassurance from someone who has been through it.
Thank you :)

nicola1980
03-12-12, 17:41
Hi i also felt the same when i started ven, i felt completely numb emotionally and very low mood but it passed, good luck x x

PanicYeNot
03-12-12, 19:06
Thanks Nicola :) I really do appreciate you taking the time to reply xx