PDA

View Full Version : Stroke fear!

Ziggy455
04-12-12, 00:09
I'm getting tired of this anxiety. I've had CTs, Lumbar Punctures, constant blood pressure monitoring and neurigological tests. But somehow I can't seem to shake the fear of suffering a stroke and becoming paralyzed. I keep having strong bouts of depersonalization which scare me. I don't know what to do anymore.:'(

---------- Post added 04-12-12 at 00:09 ---------- Previous post was 03-12-12 at 20:53 ----------

This fear goes hand in hand with my DVT.

panickyme
04-12-12, 00:19
Awwww Ziggy, I'm sorry you do not feel well. I fear the heart, and after all the testing in the world, all of them negative. I can not shake the feeling. I understand how you feel. I wish there was a way for us to think different. You have had lots of test, all good, now we just have to believe them, and live. (It's just a fear) Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Ziggy455
04-12-12, 00:34
Awwww Ziggy, I'm sorry you do not feel well. I fear the heart, and after all the testing in the world, all of them negative. I can not shake the feeling. I understand how you feel. I wish there was a way for us to think different. You have had lots of test, all good, now we just have to believe them, and live. (It's just a fear) Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

I trust the tests. The only thing that came back abnormal was my white blood cell count that the doctors even said was normal. However I'm terrified of having a stroke and having locked-in syndrome!

I heard 26 year old Christine Wendell -who was healthy- suffered a blood clot stroke and has been fully paralyzed for 15 years but her motor function is returning. That terrifies me!

panickyme
04-12-12, 00:54
I know, every time I turn around someone is having a heart attack, but we have to say, that is them, not us. It is so hard when you are convinced I know exactly how you feel, I can tell you, I know you will be alright, and I know you will, but I do the same thing I have the fear, and I think it will happen to me...... it stinks. :) Just want you to know you are not alone.

Ziggy455
06-12-12, 17:23
I know but I keep getting headaches and I keep hearing throbbing in my ears which points to HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. I can't stop worrying and it's exhausting me. I'll be caught up in something then I'll think of locked-in syndrome or stroke and then I'll be down until I take my mind of it for a little while with whatever I need to do. :doh:

Nico
06-12-12, 19:05
I too am terrified of a stroke and I am only 17, it can depress me for days when I hear about how strokes affect people every day. I have all the symptoms you can imagine, chest pains, dizziness, weakness, shortness of breath, cold hands + feet, the list goes on :). I have been to the doctor many times with this fear, and have had 2 blood tests, many blood pressure readings and all my pulses checked, and the Doctor concluded there is nothing wrong with me. However I am always sceptical and think the doctor has missed something, or that I need a cat scan or something. The only way I get over this terror is by keeping myself busy, and say to yourself, there are millions of healthy people in the UK, it is unlikely that I will have a serious health issue. I wish you the best of luck in getting over your fear of Strokes. If you are scared you are having one (I know I sometimes am) raise your hands above your head, stick your tongue out, smile, if you can do these things you are not having a stroke :)