PDA

View Full Version : Opticians?

zippy
04-12-12, 09:03
I am currently dealing with vertigo, one sided head pressure etc. I have seen 3 gp's in a week who all say benign positional vertigo. Why do i never believe them??
I have convinced myself i have a brain tumour because my left eye feels weird and twitches and pressure all the time. I have now brought on more symptoms i.e loose bowels, palps etc and this is feeding the tumour worry.
I am going to make an apt with an optician because i feel if there is something big enough to be causing pressure in my eye then they should be able to see something shouldn't they?

Frankie123
04-12-12, 10:54
I am sure everything will turn out fine and I went through a similar experience as you. Like you decided to get an eye check and everything was fine. Once I had had the eye test and had calmed down the pressure began to disappear so it must have been anxiety. I am sure you will be fine but for your peace of mind it is a good idea to get your eyes checked.

zippy
04-12-12, 13:45
I have been and everything was fine. Photo's of behind eye ok, pressure in eyes ok and periphoral tests all normal. Nothing abnormal. I don't know what's causing the side of my head to feel heavy and pressure all the time and the vertigo. I should be reassured but i never am, i just think what if the tumour isn't near enough to the eye to show problems :wacko:

almamatters
04-12-12, 14:38
Hi Zippy, glad your tests at the opticians were all fine. An optician can see an awful lot during these tests and if they said all ok , then try and be reassured. I know where you are coming from though, I said exactly the same thing to my husband when I left the eye infirmary about a tumour being missed. :wacko:

zippy
04-12-12, 16:40
I know it's awful always thinking the worst and never believing the tests and doctors. I just wish I knew what's causing vertigo, pressure in head and nausea.

almamatters
04-12-12, 17:15
It is horrible Zippy I so know what you are going through. I have been struggling a while with this and I just want to feel better again! But have had a lot of tests, like you and nothing has shown up. :shrug:

zippy
04-12-12, 19:03
I know i was doing ok until i woke up and had full on spinning vertigo over a week ago. I have a swaying off balance feeling all day and if i lay down/sit up/look up/turn my head either way it brings on room spinning vertigo. I have a foggy head all day and head pressure and can't get out of my head its a tumour, it wears me out thinking these thoughts all day every day.

Em84
04-12-12, 21:00
hahaha
its not funny
but Zippy this is exactly what i am having at the moment...I went to the doctor last week about this... i have been time and time again thinking i have a sinus or ear issue....I told her i think i have vertigo as i always feel like im moving...not my vision...just me...
My ears sometimes feel like they will pop and my face feels like its moving sometimes with odd pressure...she said it could be vertigo and yet again im on anti-b's at the min...Another week and back i go again....

I was thinking about having another test at boots...i did a year ago,..was only to get the pressure images taken, they were fine though but it wasnt as bad then....

xx

rb1978
04-12-12, 21:46
I too have suffered with vertigo on the past. Not with the room actually spinning round but with the wobbly sensation being so bad I couldn't walk about or do anything.

It can be caused by wear and tear to your ears (I nearly dropped when my doc said this as I'm only in my early 30s!) It's also caused by small crystals in your ear becoming dislodged and throwing your balance mechanism

With me the vertigo led to the beginnings of agoraphobia and I did notice that when I was panicking about it it was def worse. I think I almost became obsessed with movement and motion at one point thinking I was going to collapse all the time.

There are tablets you can get to help with it. I have Cinnarizine and have now reached the stage where I only take the odd one if I feel a little wobbly.

zippy
04-12-12, 22:30
I have seen 3 gp's who just said vertigo and gave me tablets. It's making me be less confident because i am scared i have a spinning do when i am out. I keep getting a hot feeling on the side of my head as well as pressure.
I thought getting my eyes tested today would have put my mind at rest a bit but it hasn't. I keep thinking brain tumour and ms