PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, I'm new here

Danielsun
04-12-12, 10:36
I'm so glad to have found this site - it helps to know I'm not alone in this.
I've suffered from untreated GAD for most of 30years (I'm 42).
Recently lost my father in my arms just over 2months ago and also had to deal with my mothers' altzheimers for a while now - I started having major panic attacks shortly thereafter and had to quit my job.
Currently I'm on escitalopram for about month and a half - had to up my dose from 15mg to 20mg about 5days ago and all the side effects came back the last 3days have been absolutely horrific.
Only people who have been through this will understand - I hope to find some support from all you lovely brave people who have to deal/have dealt with similar.

ps. please excuse me ,english is not my 1st language.

nomorepanic
04-12-12, 10:47
Hi Danielsun

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Sparkle1984
04-12-12, 19:27
Welcome to the forums Daniel. As it's only been 5 days since you increased your dose, that's probably why you've had more severe side effects, but these should wear off soon.

Danielsun
04-12-12, 21:16
thanks for your encouraging words Sparkle and also thank you for sharing your help-list, I really appreciate it.

Annie0904
04-12-12, 21:18
Hi :welcome: I am sure you will find lots of support here.

Danielsun
04-12-12, 21:32
Thanks Annie, I hope that in time I can also give meaningful contribution to others in need here.