PDA

View Full Version : just joined have a question

joejoe
04-12-12, 14:07
i feel fine for a while then i get different symptoms every other day i myself proberly deep down know they are just twinges and things iam over reacting about,but i spend hours if not days googling my symptons and deeply thinking about what if this what if that i then end up laying in bed thinking about the facy that i may be about the slip into a coma or passout and is a blood clot going make me stop breathing whilst trying to fight off these thoughts i slowly over ten minutes go down hill feeling like my throat is constricted feeling like iam going to faint my legs go to jelly and i start shaking i then make it worse by thinking these are all symptons of somthing as well and before you know it iam a curled up in a ball reck in full panic and spend the next hour at least trying to get back to normal even when i do get back to normal if iam not like that i feel on edge and like iam about to have another episode is this anxiety or somthing like diabetics or worse thanks in advance, sorry bad or little use of grammer i hope you have a long breath lol joe age 27 suffolk uk

lo89
04-12-12, 14:36
Sounds like a panic attack to me. I don't get panic attacks so can't really comment but I know rescue remedy is supposed to be good for it.

joebloggs
04-12-12, 14:56
Hi. joejoe. First of all stop Googling!. You are frightening yourself needlessly by trying to understand things you have not been trained for. Only medics can do that! These online sites put the 'frighteners' on you and can cause enormous problems to an already sensitised person. You 'lie in bed thinking' Now, if I may say so, this is mis-management. The last thing you want to do is lie thinking because your thoughts, at this stage, are bound to be negative. I presume you have seen your GP as you may need temporary medication. Do not be alarmed by this. In the short term it could help you with your present anxiety. Only your GP can decide this. Now all the symptoms you describe are classical symptoms of the anxiety state and are not a medical condition. (Emphasis again on seeing your GP). Most of us here have had them. Sit down and take a deep breath. See if you can stop yourself breathing. You can't, can you? Your involuntary nervous system (over which we have no control, thank goodness) comes into play and starts you breathing again. You are a young person and so have every chance of a full and reasonably quick recovery if you go about it in the right way. It is fear of the fear that is causing your present problem. The anticipation. You are looking over your shoulder waiting for "IT" to happen and, like any obedient visitor, along "IT" comes! 'Trying to get back to normal'; stop trying. Now I know the normal reaction would be to fight "IT", to run away from "IT" but this is not the answer. Please try and accept the way you feel at the moment. Stop struggling and fighting. This only creates more fear and more anxiety. It feeds the very thing you are so desperately trying to get rid of. I repeat; at your age you have every chance of full recovery, but take it easy. Very best wishes. joe.

joejoe
04-12-12, 15:27
thanks so much mr bloggs your comment has already really helped me although i mite add i have all these symptoms without a rapid heartbeat which i found weird oh well i guess it can affect us in different ways yes i have seen my doctor a few weeks ago and he checked over my heart blood pressure and oxygen levels he said it is anxiety and gave me some diazepan sorry for spelling,i used to help sleep a couple of times and it helps me knowing they are there encase i need them they do make you feel calm its just the thoughts that iam not having a panic attack at the time make it allot worse as all rationality goes out the window and the physical symptoms are so strong its hard to believe its all stemmed from thoughts in the mind thanks for your comment i feel okay at the moment 1 last question the massive anxiety thing when i was in bed like a reck happened last night and i eventually was able to fall asleep after that but woke up this morning and within 5 minutes it kind of continued is that normal ?anyway i feel good now and will do what you said thanks so much joe

---------- Post added at 15:27 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

thanks lo89 i will look into it :}

Tero
04-12-12, 15:49
It's most likely a panic attack. Heart attack or seizure would be worse and you would know.

When I've had a panic attack...must be a half year by now...I come out of it normal and wonder: what was that all about?

ricardo
04-12-12, 15:53
joejoe,
I can't better what joebloggs has said and I and hundreds of others on here would have said more or less the same thing.
I would add that you should familiarise yourself with NMP and look for the page of Common Symptoms. Best of luck to you.

joejoe
04-12-12, 16:51
thanks recardo i will look at this cheers