PDA

View Full Version : General health anxiety

willous1
04-12-12, 17:01
Hi, I have suffered with severe health anxiety for over a year now and have convinced myself I have had a brain tumor, alzheimers, Three types of cancer, asbestos poisining etc etc. It has literally ruined my life. I have eased up my fears over individual issues lately however my general health anxiety is worse. I seem to be worrying about everything. My friend mentioned sugar causing diabeties the other day so I looked into it as for about 10 years (I am 28) I have drank coke excessively and ate rubbish). I looked on the internet and read stuff related to diabeties and now my eyes feel sore and think I have it and am going blind. I have not touched coke and only drink water now. Plus I have not touched any sugar. I couldnt face injecting myself either. Does anyone know that if by stopping any sugar whether you would have already done the damage or could it potentially stop yourself getting diabeties if i havent already got it. This is one thing. But last week I had an issue where I forgot something and thought I had other issues. Same week I had aching legs and thought I had circulation issues. My health anxiety has not got worse but just changed focus. Does anyone else have this? Thanks for listening. I just want to feel normal.

Frankie123
04-12-12, 17:50
I truly think you are worrying unnecessarily. At your age it would be very doubtful that you would develop type 2 diabetes and this comes on usually when you are much older. Also this type of diabetes is mostly treated with drugs or diet so you would not have to inject yourself. It would also be wrong to cut out sugar entirely because your body needs glucose to operate. If you have no sugar you will get light headed and feel shaky. I think you should stop googling because this will only make you feel worse. I know this because I have acute health anxiety and they always predict the worse situations. If you are truly worried go and see your GP who will run a glucose blood test which I am sure will come back normal.

willous1
05-12-12, 19:25
Thanks for your reply. I feel fine about that but now back to Alzheimer's. This morning I came into work and in the break out room had a cereal with my spoon and bowl. I have just gone back in there and cannot find them in any cupboard or anywhere. I looked online and I feel like I did a few months ago when I was sure I had it. At 28 HA has ruined me. I looked everywhere. Someone could have used it as a call centre but unlikely.

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

Any help. I'm in a bad state. Just need peace of mind.

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

Anyone. I hate this

Charlee123
05-12-12, 19:36
im the same, i was convinced i had dementia. Thats passed now, however, now im convinced im going crazy or i have some brain tumour thats causing me to feel anxious ALL THE BLOODY TIME for no reason! Sat here, typing, in the warmth of my own home, tv on, cup of tea, yet i still have that nasty feeling of dread through my body, i can feel my heart beating harder and i have persistent butterflies in my tummy! When i think about it more, i get waves of fear, and this is 24/7, i cant shift it !! Its ruining my life, because i cant pin point why i suddenly woke up like this a few months ago. I start CBT friday and im on sertraline 150mg which i thnks made me worse!

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

and one thing ive learnt... stop googling, it makes things much worse. I diagnosed myself with all sorts, from dementia, cancer to MS and brain tumours in all areas of my brain!!

willous1
05-12-12, 21:43
Please I rely on this site

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

?

Charlee123
05-12-12, 22:28
inbox me sweetheart x