PDA

View Full Version : heart racing after eating

almamatters
04-12-12, 19:23
Just had a sandwich and heart started to beat really fast as I was digesting it. It has worried me slightly. Can't remember noticing it happen before,

Lasted about 5 minutes , seems to have slowed down now, but can anyone relate. ?

xBettyBoopx
04-12-12, 22:49
Yes I can very much relate. I have posted about this too. All your organs will quicken up after eating, so that you can digest the food. Sometimes you will be it beating quicker and sometimes not. It will be worse after a heavy meal of particularly fatty meal.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Heart-Disease/Tachycardia-after-eating-a-heavy-meal/show/253644

Betty
xxx

Kez_miller
05-12-12, 00:32
yes i can relate, basically when your anxious you senses heighten and you notice your body functions more, not to mention sounds around u etc...i wouldnt say its anything to worry about, i get it all the time.

AuntieMoosie
05-12-12, 00:49
Hi there:)

I think it's perfectly normal for our heart rates to rise a little once we've eaten, I too was concerned about this a few years back and my GP explained that it happens to everyone, it's because more blood is being sent to our digestive organs at that time. If you're anything like me, the problem I had was that when I was "tuned in" to my heart rate, it kind of made it worse because then I would worry and make myself anxious.

Try to keep telling yourself that it's okay, it's normal, it's meant to do that and it will slow down soon and I'll be fine, or do what I did and have a chat with your doctor and have them put your mind at rest:)

CameronG
05-12-12, 03:55
I'm the same, often happens to me after Me after eating, I didn't use doctor google, I just assumed it was something to do with digesting food...glad I read this now

Good luck to you all on your road to recovery

almamatters
05-12-12, 11:02
Thank you all for your replies, I am hyper aware of my heartbeat, so it makes sense that when you are anxious you notice it speeding up. Thanks again :flowers: