PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

West-Sushini-Highway
04-12-12, 20:00
Hi there,

A friend of mine pointed me in the direction of this forum this afternoon. You have been of help to her, and she hopes I'll find the forum helpful too.

I have M.E., Fibro, I'm hypermobile, have hypothyroidism (recently suffered from extreme thyroid poisonoing), I have various other niggling things, but it's due to anxiety that she's sent me here.

I've had M.E. since 2002. I developed Fibro last year. I imagine I've been hypermobile and had hypothyroidism all my life, but the latter wasn't diagnosed until 2006, and the prior was only diagnosed last year. Most of my life I suffered with depression, though it had pretty much gone away by 2009.

I've had anxiety in the background for most of my life too, very gradually getting worse. Whilst on anti depressants I suppose I didn't really notice it. The last year it's just been getting worse and worse. I had a really really bad experience at the end of last year / beginning of this year, which has caused me to be permanently on edge. It is also for this reason that I would prefer to remain anonymous on the forum, I hope that is ok.

My GP has just put me on Lustral (Sertraline) for the anxiety, but it has in turn caused me to be depressed. I have been on suicide watch for much of this year, but the last few days have just been so ... I don't know the word ... close?

Anyway. Other medications; Tramadol, Gabapentin, Amytriptiline, Mefanamic Acid, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine, Liothyronine, I think that's all.

So, hello everyone.

Me.

Annie0904
04-12-12, 20:06
Hi :welcome: So pleased your friend has introduced you to NMP, you will find lots of support here and no worries about being anonymous, lots of members are for various reasons x

nomorepanic
04-12-12, 20:10
Hi West-Sushini-Highway

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

West-Sushini-Highway
04-12-12, 21:06
I should probably add that I have problems with reading. Or to be more precise cognitive processing. I suppose it is relevant actually, since it can cause me to become panicky.

Firstly, I have trouble with the way things are laid out if they are not linear. My brain can only cope properly, either with columns, or rows, if a page has both, or elements all over the place, I go to pieces. So, you may well find me asking how to find such and such, when it's right in front of me. I apologise for this in advance.

Secondly, I'm an extremely slow reader. Apparently most people don't read in their head at the same speed they do when they read out loud. Well, I do. I sort of have to process each word individually, and then figure out what they mean, and pretty often I see completely the wrong words there. Which can very often lead to misunderstanding; I'll post a reply to what I think I've read, which can then be taken totally the wrong way, or have everyone sitting there scratching their heads.

Both problems are frustrating and embarrassing. Le sigh.

Annie0904
04-12-12, 21:13
Don't be embarrassed about it, we will help you as much as we can.