PDA

View Full Version : Difficult day with HA

sarahsarah
04-12-12, 21:36
My HA flared up again a few weeks ago but this has been the worst day yet.

I was fine til I went to bed last night and my right leg started aching again, which kept me awake on and off all night. I did a lot of walking at the weekend so it might have been related to that but as it only ever really hurts when I am laying or sitting down and not when walking, I don't know what it can be. Nothing seems to fit with my symptoms. Of course I have googled everything under the sun about leg pain causes but most conditions i have found are supposed to worsen when you walk. If anything, my leg feels better for walking.

Then today as well as the right leg I have just been feeling generally achey all round and have developed a headache at the back of my head where it meets my neck. I decided to go lay on the bed for a while and I did drift off for a few minutes, only to wake up suddenly feeling like I was having a stroke (whatever that feels like) and my upper lip was trembling at the left side. That has gone off now, in fact it only lasted a couple of minutes at most, but it has frightened me. I've never experienced anything like that before.

It doesn't help at all that I have been on my own all day and my imagination has been working overtime. I am now sitting here in the dark with a cup of tea imagining all sorts of terrible stuff is happening. A couple of years ago i would have dismissed my symptoms as the onset of 'flu or just put them down to getting next to no sleep last might. My HA has definitely gone up a notch today.

What do you do under these circumstances, when it feels like its all out of control? Any tips for getting a hold of your HA? I am pretty sure some of how I feel today is due to anxiety.

Thanks for reading

panickyme
04-12-12, 21:42
Awww I'm sorry you do not feel well. Have you had any test done. Maybe it is just a pinched nerve, they can run down your leg, and also create headaches. (just a guess, I am not a Doctor) I have HA really bad, and yes being alone just makes our imaginations run wild. Have you tried any counseling? Hope you get some sleep. :hugs:

sarahsarah
04-12-12, 22:00
Hiya Panicky,

Thanks for replying. No, haven't been for any tests- keep hoping it will go away! I have days when my leg feels fine then the ache comes back. Plus up until last night it wasnt that bad, just an annoyance rather than anything else. It did raise my HA massively, though.

Also, and I know this sounds completely ridiculous, I am frightened of what any tests may reveal.

Xx

panickyme
04-12-12, 22:09
Your not ridiculous, I always freak out about that too. (you worry about your leg, I worry about my heart) Somedays I get those darn chest pains, and think its the big one, and then other days it's not there. I'm a really trying to convince myself that I do it to myself, and the more I think, the more it will be there. But it is hard. Hope you feel better. :) No that you are not alone.

sarahsarah
04-12-12, 22:42
Thank, that really does help. My headache is easing off a bit now. Hope you sleep well. X

panickyme
04-12-12, 22:47
Thank you, you sleep well also. (tomorrow is another day!:))