PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

KaylaSoares
04-12-12, 22:55
I feel lost and alone, ive been struggling with anxiety for a long while and at times it literally feels like im in hell. I constantly get physical symptoms such as heart palpitations, chest pain, brain zaps, nausea, dizziness, faint, weak and many more. The majority of my time I spend in a state of panic thinking im going to die, or pass out or that there mabye something wrong with me, I have ended up in a&e, done blood tests and an mri brain scan every thing turned out to be ok. Im currently on sertraline but feel as though its not aiding me what so ever mabye I need to give it some time or have faith that it will work. I just feel hopeless, and when my anxiety hits no one gets how real and scary it can feel I wouldnt wish it upon my worst enemy.

nomorepanic
04-12-12, 23:06
Hi KaylaSoares

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

mumo42012
04-12-12, 23:08
welcome take a good look around the site u are not alone annd will find alot of comfort and help here. xxxxx

musicman65
05-12-12, 08:03
Hi Kayla,
Please realize and remember that these are only symptoms being made more intense by paying too much attention to them and / or fighting to get rid of them. Do what you have to do in order to ease them. A good attitude to have is one of not caring what may happen. Just by trying this, you may be surprised to find that grip loosen and with it, some of the anxiety. You're not alone.
Musicman 65

BobbyDog
05-12-12, 09:15
I am so sorry you are struggling at the moment. You need to accept that all the horrible symptoms you are having are anxiety related. You have been checked out by the professionals and given a clean bill of health physically. You do not say how long you have been taking Sertraline, but if it is more that 4-6 weeks go back to your GP.

KaylaSoares
05-12-12, 11:38
Thank you all for your support. Its so hard to change the way we think, when it has already become a habit. But im able to find comfort in the fact that none of use are alone in this journey toward an anxiety and depression free life.:hugs:

PanicYeNot
05-12-12, 12:41
Hi Kayla
Anxiety is awful and you're right it is difficult to change the way you think but it can be done so don't lose hope. As BobbyDog said if you have been on Sertraline for more than 4-6 weeks then it's worth talking to the doc again as it may not suit you. I tried it and it didnt suit me so am on a different med now but it works well for many others, it's just a case of finding the right med for you. :hugs:

KaylaSoares
05-12-12, 23:25
thank you PanicYeNot. I've only been on sertraline for about 2 weeks, hopefully I will improvement soon. what medication are you on?

Sparkle1984
06-12-12, 08:51
Welcome to the forums. 2 weeks is very early days, so hopefully you'll start to see an improvement soon. :)

Bigchanges
06-12-12, 11:33
:welcome:

Mark13
06-12-12, 18:13
Hi Kayla.

Welcome to the forum.

My wife takes sertraline for depression and it certainly helps her function day to day. She does have some side effects but she's happy to bear them for the equilibrium the drug gives her. I hope they work well for you too.

Mark

KaylaSoares
07-12-12, 23:12
thanks guys, really appreciate all the support.

SteffC
08-12-12, 03:30
Kayla,

You are definately not alone. I feel the same way and I know that it often feels like no one in the world gets what you are going through. I wish you lots of comfort, health, healing, and peace.

Steff