PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys, need some of your expertise

Laura123
05-12-12, 09:34
Hi everyone. It's been a good few weeks since I posted. I have been busy getting on with ........ Life I suppose, which must mean my sertraline is making the difference, I am up to 75mg now, going to start today on 100mg. I have noticed I have this constant nagging headache, coming from the base of my skull and neck, a few times it grows into a horrible migrane, is that a side effect of sertraline, also having night sweats which make me feel panicky. My dad started his chemo last week and so far the side effects are tolerable for him so hoping it stays that way. Hope all you guys are doing well and having better days, this time of year is always hard, it's stress central isn't it lol xxxxx

Annie0904
05-12-12, 09:40
Lovely to see you back on NMP :) The base of your skull and neck makes me think it is tension which will cause headaches and I am not surprised with all the stress you have had in the past month. Get yourself booked in for a nice relaxing massage :) xxx

Laura123
05-12-12, 09:42
Also got visual disturbances, very dizzy most of the time. And the scariest one fir me is when I first wake up, for a few seconds me eyes shake side to side very rapidly and I can't do anything to stop it. Only lasts a few seconds. All these things make my health anxiety kick off, is it a brain tumour, I know it's prob sertraline. X

---------- Post added at 09:42 ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 ----------

How are you tiday Annie I just read your post about having a bad time of it. Are you ok? Xx

Annie0904
05-12-12, 09:44
The waking up bit does sound like your meds.
Slightly better this morning, not coping well with anything, just trying not to think of anything that needs to be done as every thing sends me in a panic. Going to have my epsom salt bath with lavender in.

Laura123
05-12-12, 09:47
I have always found this time if year sets my anxiety off big time, it's just so stressful isn't it, especially when you panic in shops, it's makes the task of Xmas shopping virtually unbearable. When is Allan back Annie is it Thursday. How is your wee foot xx

---------- Post added at 09:47 ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 ----------

I did alot online, takes away alot of the stress xx

Annie0904
05-12-12, 09:51
He will be home tomorrow night. Thankfully all my shopping is done and presents wrapped. Foot is still painful but I am walking a lot better. It is even the simple things like, the dishwasher needs emptying and I am panicking about doing it...how crazy is that?! I am so exhausted and weak.

Laura123
05-12-12, 09:52
Have you started your new meds? X

Annie0904
05-12-12, 10:05
No, the doctor hasn't decided for sure if I should change them, he is calling me again today. I don't even know if I can cope with the change. Just thinking about withdrawal from one and starting another is scaring me. xx

---------- Post added at 09:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

Anyway..this is your thread, I'm supposed to be helping you :D xx

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 ----------

Get that massage booked :)

Laura123
05-12-12, 10:12
I know it's scary Annie the whole medication rollercoaster, but it can't be any worse than how you have been feeling. And the good thing is that the side effects will pass xx

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

Lol lol I say that after posting about my side effects lmao at myself xx

Elle-Kay
05-12-12, 10:20
Hi Laura, nice to see you back :) Glad you've been getting on with things without the anxiety bothering you so much. Your nagging headache sounds very much like how my migraines start, which makes me think it's being caused by tension in your shoulders and neck through going through such a stressful time of it. I know that when I get stressed or busy I hunch my shoulders, which brings on a tension headache, and then a migraine. I had this a couple of weekends ago when I had been dashing around like a blue bottomed fly. Like Annie said, get yourself a massage (or some massage oil & get hubby to have a bit of a go) and see if that makes a difference to your headache :)

Annie0904
05-12-12, 11:13
I wish we lived nearer I would do that massage for you and it would make me have to do something :D xx

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

(for anyone who doesn't know, I am a holistic therapy..just didn't want you to think it strange that I am offering Laura a massage!) :roflmao:

Laura123
05-12-12, 12:10
Lol I would loooove that x

Annie0904
05-12-12, 12:12
Seriously Laura, you need some pamper time for yourself...get yourself to that nice spa up the road :)

MissHDynamite
05-12-12, 13:03
Hi Laura.. nice to hear from you.

I have often had those aches and visual disturbances and I have heard a lot of others say the same. Well done on keeping it logical :D

How are you taking your 75? Are you cutting the end off a 100 or taking one and half 50's?

:hugs:

swgrl09
05-12-12, 13:07
yes, sounds like tension headaches and medication side effects ... the combination is not fun! have you used a warm compress on the back of your head/neck or ice maybe? Ice works for me better than the warm compress. A good massage is also something you deserve right now!

Laura123
05-12-12, 13:12
Thanks guys :) Helen I half a 50, supposed to be on 100 but I decided to gradually up it so going to up to 100 today. How are you doing on it now? If I had spare cash I would go for a massage but I have spent a fortune on Xmas. Mind you I suppose £30 won't kill me x

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

I woke up at 4am this morning and my head was absolutely thumping, was awake for over an hour, was so painful, it's always when I am alone I start thinking the scary what ifs, hubby was nights so was alone with the kids thinking omg what if it's a hemoraged or something hideous x

Annie0904
05-12-12, 13:13
If you have spent a fortune on everyone else then it is time you spent some on yourself!!

Laura123
05-12-12, 13:16
Very true Annie. Annie can you pm me your address please hunni. Actually do it on Facebook xxx

swgrl09
05-12-12, 13:22
I don't know if they do this where you live, but over here you can get cheaper massages from the massage therapy schools because the students are not allowed to charge. They do a really great job because they are at the end of their schooling and just need hours to complete. Do they have anything like that near you?

MissHDynamite
05-12-12, 13:26
I have woken up in the night a lot since being on these.. seems to be like a night terror/panic/sweat type thing for me.

Don't let those thoughts run away with you.. your a professional at it now :D

I am still on the 50 but really should be upping to 100.. I am nowhere near right but not as bad as I was so just dont want to feel crappy over Christmas as everyone coming to mine for dinner! aarrgghhhhh!

Try having a relaxing lavender bath before bed to help relax your muscles and make sure your not putting any strain on your neck with your pillows :hugs:

Laura123
05-12-12, 13:29
I don't know? Never heard of that before. I will have a google :) thanks xx

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

Helen I was really worried about upping too but honestly I found it fine, perhaps had a few restless feelings the first 2 days but nothing at all like I expected. It settles really quick x

Annie0904
05-12-12, 13:29
I don't know if they do this where you live, but over here you can get cheaper massages from the massage therapy schools because the students are not allowed to charge. They do a really great job because they are at the end of their schooling and just need hours to complete. Do they have anything like that near you?

When I was training the college only charged £4 for people to come for us to 'practice' on. Of course if any of you lived near me I would it for free :)

Laura123
05-12-12, 13:30
I would go 75 for 2 weeks at least before 100 x

Elle-Kay
05-12-12, 13:54
That's a good point about the colleges - our local college does just that, across the holistic therapy, beauty and hairdressing courses, so you can have e.g. a manicure for about £5 :)

Laura123
05-12-12, 16:57
Well I took my 100mg 2 hours ago. Feel a bit odd, a bit shaky and lightheaded. Trying not to focus on it, it's proving to be a challenge making dinner, I feel I don't know what I am doing lol, rather peculiar! X

Annie0904
05-12-12, 17:01
I hope the side effects don't last long Laura and you soon start to feel better. xx

Laura123
05-12-12, 17:35
Me too, just went to the shop to get Oliver some Vaseline for his little nose and I felt like a space cadet! X

Annie0904
05-12-12, 17:43
aww bless him, is he feeling any better?

Laura123
05-12-12, 18:07
No the wee soul is full of the cold, sore throat and temperature. My poor dad has had a driver put into his stomach today to administer anti spasm drugs continuously, they didn't give him a belt to hold it all so he is walking about having to hold it all, just bought him a bum bag, hope it all fits because that's just a pain in the neck having to carry all that every time you move! X

Annie0904
05-12-12, 19:23
Aww poor Oliver and your poor Dad, that doesn't seem very convenient for him :(

Laura123
07-12-12, 08:49
Well so far my increase to 100mg has been quite uneventful lol, I was geared up for hell but I feel no different :) I am very pleased. Xx

Annie0904
07-12-12, 08:50
So pleased the increase went well Laura xx