PDA

View Full Version : I need your help again-please reply

Frankie123
05-12-12, 10:01
As you know I have health anxiety. A couple of months ago I had a rapid weight loss of about 6lbs when extremely depressed. I didn't loose anymore but now I find I am loosing weight again even though I am eating normally and not overly stressed at the moment. Of course this has now freaked me out and I am afraid I will get stressed again. Please guys help me.

Frankie123
05-12-12, 18:41
I feel very sad that so many people have read my post but no one has replied or offered any comments. I joined this site in the hope of getting some help but maybe that is not to be.

almamatters
05-12-12, 18:50
Hi, I am sorry you are feeling low, if it is any consolation, in June I lost 8lbs in 2 weeks, I am thin anyway so looked awful. I had stopped eating properly due to severe anxiety and the GP seemed to know this, as he did not seemed overly concerned despite me telling him I probably had some terrible disease. I have just managed to regain the weight, and I cannot tell you how relieved I was to weigh myself and see it had gone back on. Have you seen your GP ?

missybct
05-12-12, 20:19
Frankie - Please try not to be too disheartened with people don't reply immediately. Some people don't always know the best advice to give, and some may "visitors" to the forum who can read the thread but are not registered to reply.

As for the weight loss, our bodies tend to adjust weight wise with different seasons sometimes. If it persists and you are dropping large amounts of weight, please see your GP. It could be something really simple, so please try not to worry too much.

almamatters
05-12-12, 20:31
Agree with Missybct, weight loss can happen for so many different reasons, including anxiety, stress, depression etc. If you are worrying and very anxious, it is really hard to gain weight even when eating a normal diet. I know because this happened to me earlier this year. I never thought I would regain the weight but I did.

Best to see your GP and they can reassure you like previous post said, could be something simple. :flowers: