PDA

View Full Version : aint sure what to do

lostit
05-12-12, 12:41
hello im 38 married with 3 children, had panic for over 5yrs but got worse in the last yr, not taking any tablets now stopped them cause they made the panic attacks worse.
I started to feel better but now reverting back to how i was, not going out again dont do anything i aint got the energy or motivation to do anything again, thinking about referring myself back to MIND but not to sure.

Annie0904
05-12-12, 12:44
Hi :welcome: I would suggest you go back to your doctors maybe there are some other meds which will be better for you.

missybct
05-12-12, 12:48
I agree with Annie. Some medication works against us, and some works for us. It's trial and error and sometimes you have to just stick it out for a couple of weeks before it settles.

lostit
05-12-12, 12:49
Ive had that many different meds that none seemed to help the last ones was nortriptlin you take them at night, but didnt do anything except make panic attacks worse not had as many now not taking them. But thanks i might ring drs and see what they can do for me

nomorepanic
05-12-12, 12:51
Hi lostit

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

missybct
05-12-12, 12:52
Have you had any kind of talking therapy at all? I know you said you were thinking of getting in touch with MIND so I am assuming you know they have all sorts of groups and courses that can help.

I'm sorry you've not responded to medication. I would certainly ask your GP whether there is any non-medicinal based solutions that could help you.

lostit
05-12-12, 12:57
I tried the talking therapy with MIND but the woman i saw confused me they just kept asking questions about how to get better and asking whether i wanted to kill myself,

Jen Sat
05-12-12, 13:07
You definately need to speak with your GP to start you on the road to recovery. Perhaps some herbal remedies might be better suited for you, Rhodiola Rosea perhaps? See if they can suggest anything. I didnt get on with the meds that I was given and stopped taking them a couple of days ago and the nausea has gotten a lot better. I took a propranolol this morning just to take the edge off the panic and it has helped so much, almost feel like smiling.....