PDA

View Full Version : Please help soo many phobias!

lindy26
22-08-06, 14:14
Hi i'm new to this forum & looking for some help. I have quite bad depression, which i've had for three years now.

One of the things i feel is affecting my depression is a kind of agoraphobia. I can manage to go to work although i feel nervy. But out of work unless i'm with my partner i'm a wreck :(

When outside alone I jump at any noise, nearly have a coronary if i have to walk past a dog. I always feel that i'm going to get attacked [:I]
I am desperately trying to get over this, but can't. I have just bought a new house & daren't even go down the road alone. How stupid is that?
any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow

Lindalou64
22-08-06, 16:41
i also suffer with agraphobia but have come a long way still have my phobias tho im learning its just a feeling and let it pass i know its scary but if we dont go out and try it shall beat us and we dont want that just take small steps and wnen ya get anxios tell ya self its only a feeling ive had it many times and it will pass with pratice...wish u the best u can do it........Linda[8D]

lindy26
22-08-06, 23:04
Hi Linda thanks for the encouragement. I just feels soo hard to get over this, just want to be normal whatever that might be!! How badly does your agoraphobia affect you now? LindsayX

Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow

time out
26-08-06, 19:48
hi linda

oh sounds all to much to me

hey some good news for you i know individuals like yourself experiencing this kind of anxiety can and do overcome it!
this means no reason why you should not also learn to manage your levels of anxiety

a new skill to learn that is how to approach this perhaps
learn how to manage it
not it manage you

good luck

www.needtimeout.co.uk

stress management nurse therapist hypnotherapy councelling relaxation holistic indian head massage aromatherapy face neck shoulder massage hand made soaps

carly123
26-08-06, 20:26
Hi Lindsay
Sounds like you're ok with familiar things its the things that surprise you or you're not sure of that pose a problem. i have this too. Afraid I can't give any answers but can always lend an ear if you want to PM me.

Carlyxx