PDA

View Full Version : new member callie b hi!

callie b
06-12-12, 05:46
Hello,
I have just joined this site, and I think it looks very interesting, and I am looking forward to participating.

At present I am not able to work as I have severe walking difficulties as well as other disabilities, such as Restless Leg Syndrome, Arthritis, (not sure which type yet) Inflammatory Bowel Disease, possible Sjogrens Syndrome, Ptsd, Degenerative Disc Disease, Inflamed facet Joints, and possible Hypothyroidism., and Fibromyalgia, not forgetting Chronic Insomnia!

I have been suffering with severe palpitations recently that are very painful, and debilitating, and I have an appointment with my local Cardiology to hopefully rule out any serious problems, I am aware that they can be caused by anxiety, and that is one reason for joining this forum, which was recommended to me on another helpful site called health unlocked.

Despite that little lot, (the possibles are under investigation) I do try to live as full a life as possible, and keep cheerful, enjoying my large and extended family, 3 daughters, 3 stepsons and a stepdaughter, as well as 5 grandchildren ranging age from 5 to new born! They keep me pretty busy, but it is fun, never a dull moment it seems! I do have to pace myself, which I hate, but have had to learn to cope!

I have had 3 main careers, I started as a hairdresser, ultimately with my own salon, a publican with at one point 3 pubs, that was fun! Finally as a health shop manager with all the extra training the job entailed, which I loved

Unfortunately I had a bad fall, which curtailed my last job, so now other than my family and partner, my main interest, I am learning to paint, or trying to! I do enjoy it, it is very relaxing. I also like to read, and travel when I can, although the getting places is a tough call for me, I do love to meet new people and see new places.

I hope to get to know people on this forum, and hopefully get help and advice, and if I can help, possibly give, not in a medical sense of course, in a supportive way!

callie b :D

nomorepanic
06-12-12, 05:59
Hi callie b

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BobbyDog
06-12-12, 08:55
A big warm :welcome: to you.

Bigchanges
06-12-12, 11:12
hi callie:welcome: