PDA

View Full Version : Looking for people who understand...

Caramel
06-12-12, 10:11
Hey everyone,

I have been a member for a while, but haven't visited for a long time.

Basically, I have GAD and have always suffered from anxiety and panic. Unfortunately for me, there is no root cause, it's just the way I'm made. :wacko:

As with many others, the panic attacks & anxiety have 'progressed' as the years have gone by and my world has become smaller and smaller. At the moment I feel I am not really living, just existing. I recently had to stop working because I couldn't do my job properly. I was a teacher, but I couldn't take the kids out on trips or go on courses. I was also starting to struggle with the odd attack during the day.

I have been prescribed various drugs over the years (I am now 37 by the way :blush:) but while they may be an initial help, they don't last. I am currently weaning myself off Venlafaxine-only a quarter of a tablet to go! I'm not going to try anything else drug-wise.

As usual, as Christmas approaches, I find myself getting more and more anxious, with panic attack after panic attack. Every year, I completely ruin Christmas for my family and my partner and his family because I just can't cope with it. I hate it. :weep:

On top of this, I've got myself into a complete state because I think one of my teeth may need some attention and the thought of going to the dentist fills me with complete terror.

I am typing this with tears streaming down my face. I feel completely alone, with no light at the end of the tunnel. My doctor only either wants to put me on more pills or just gets frustrated because there really isn't anything else she can offer me so I haven't bothered contacting the surgery.

We do have a service here called Italk, which offers CBT, but they can't start seeing me until January because they are so busy.

I just a bit out of control at the moment, with noone to talk to -my poor partner and family do their best, but they don't know what to do with me either! :)

Life is just a bit rubbish right now.......

Annie0904
06-12-12, 10:16
I have sent you a private message

KaylaSoares
06-12-12, 10:22
hey Caramel,
no one can really understand where your coming from unless their in your shoes, I get how it can be difficult for your family as well. Just know that you are not alone, I know at times you may feel hopeless, but there are ways of dealing with:hugs: anxiety. I'm currently getting CBT, I have not seen any improvement yet, but guess its still early days. I hope you go for the cbt and stick at it, it's all about noticing your thinking errors. good luck and now that we are always here.:hugs:

Caramel
06-12-12, 10:41
Hey guys,

Thank you-it's nice to just know there are others like me out there xx

Donny
06-12-12, 21:22
get on to the chat room and give us all your problems. We will help you through.