PDA

View Full Version : Hello if anyone suffers from depersonalisation please contact me

vitabelle
06-12-12, 12:26
Hi
I am suffering from depersonalisation and having a really bad time with this. It's constant and in struggling. I have been given sertraline but have not started it yet because in so scared of this symptom getting worse. If anyone else has stories or advice regarding this please write back or private message me

Thanks x

lourah1989
06-12-12, 12:28
Hey I get this all the time it makes me jump out my skin I was on sertraline but it never suited me but nmthat doesn't mean it won't suit you give it ago and try not to worry abwt the side effects else you'll have side effects through thinking to much x

vitabelle
06-12-12, 12:38
Thanks. Yeah that's true! I just hate that feeling of not being real like the world isn't real it's so scary!!! And it's come on so quickly and will not go away at all. I hope they work to ..I just need to actually talk them!! X

anxiousmal
06-12-12, 12:54
Hello,

I have suffered from this for a few weeks. I thought it would never end, but last night it kinda lifted. I know it is a really horrible feeling, but the trick is to try and accept it and relax into it, if you do this the whole feeling will fade quicker.

Trust me there is nothing to worry about, your not going mad or anything like that, it is just a feeling. Try to relax and keep your mind busy with an activity. Check out the anxiety symptoms section on this website, there is a section for DP and it explains a bit about it.

Since I had it, I spoke to a fair few people and loads of people have had this feeling at some point for varying lengths of time. It really is nothing to worry about, I cant stress that enough. It hasn't hurt me or anyone else I know who has had it.

The best advice I can give is just relax. I deal with it by playing video games.

Message me if you like, but I am at work so cant answer immediately.