PDA

View Full Version : Finally asking for help after 11 years (scared!)

miss_moose
06-12-12, 12:34
I've been suffering with panic attacks for 11 years, at my worst I lived in bed and didn't leave the house for 3 years).
Now i'm getting better at going out but I terrible social phobia, and problems with my eating. My main trigger is feeling hungry as it makes me retch, and i feel hungry alot and that's what's stopping me from progressing.

It's come to a head now because the dentist came to visit me 3 weeks ago and told me I had to go to hospital for my wisdom tooth taking out. I cried alot, and they told me to speak to the doctor about medication to help me get through the appointment.

My husband called the Doctors today to ask for a home visit for me as I can't get to the surgery without a lot of panic and sikness.

They said they will get the Doctor to ring me first to discuss my problems, and to see if a home visit is nessasary.

I'm now waiting for this phonecall and i'm shaking with nerves, I don't know what to expect. I don't know how to start off the conversation and I feel very awkward.

Any ideas? or reassurance

Thank you?

panickyme
06-12-12, 12:44
Awww I'm sorry you do not feel well. I am glad your here. Just explain to the Doctor just like you did here, you will do great. Good luck. :hugs:

vitabelle
06-12-12, 13:00
Yeah just explain to your doctor how you feel and that it would be too much for you right now to come in. They should be accommodating for you. I'm sure they understand how it can be for people with anxiety. I hate going on my own because my mind goes into overload. Let me know how you get on xx

miss_moose
06-12-12, 13:13
Just spoke to the doctor, for about 20 minutes.

He doesn't think my eating thing is a physically problem, and more likely that I've associated hunger with being sick and panic.

So he's arranging for me to have bloodtests at home to check my Thyroid again, and for diabetes and blood sugar.

I'm also starting medication, which is says should take the edge off my anxiety and may help the hunger feelings.

I'm so so scared about meds because of all the horror stories i've read but he's going to start me on the lowest dosage.
And he's going to give me something to help me through the hospital appointment for my Wisdom tooth out.

Donny
06-12-12, 21:20
Ask your doctor to give you diazepam before you go to the hospital and when you get there they will give you more to make you sleep.

They are a wonder drug for anxiety if used as directed.