PDA

View Full Version : MS fear still plaguing me! Any advice?

Melon1
06-12-12, 12:46
Morning Everyone.

I am sat at home working from my desk and feel as if the numbness is moving around my body.

It has primarily been in my legs and forearms and sometimes lips, but now I am also noticing it all up my back and stomach area and on the tip of my nose! It is as if I have rubbed deep heat all over myself.

I am experiencing pains in my forearms as if the muscles are contracting and doing normal day to day jobs is making them ache uncomfortably.

I just wish I knew this was all down to anxiety. I don't even feel that anxious, this is what is worrying me.

I have my neuro appt on Monday and am counting down the days.

I have posted about this a lot on this site, so am sure that no one has any fresh advice for me, but would love a bit of reassurance that I have not got MS....

Do you get tingling and numbness everywhere with MS? I can still walk and function ok and my eyesight is okay.

I had numbness like this although not quite as bad back in August and then it went away. I am worried that this is a relapse. All googled symptoms point to MS.... am getting so miserable with this now... :weep:

XX

Stands mum
06-12-12, 14:02
Hi -I can't say I have had the exact same symptoms, but I am pretty sure the neuro is going to tell you it's unlikely to be MS. I saw a neurologist last week with similar symptoms to you - numbness and tingling, sense of weakness etc - he said, and wrote in my notes, 'MS unlikely'.

I hope Monday comes around quickly. :)